Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/3/2008 2:54:31 AM EDT
 What are the benefits of getting an aftermarket mag block over a RRA block?
I am considering buying a RRA upper and want to know if I should buy the RRA block at the same time, or is it worth the extra money for another brand. I would like to be able to use the original mag release button and bolt hold open. I have done a lot of searches but there has not been a lot of talk about the RRA block.
Thanks
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 2:55:07 PM EDT
[#1]
There are lots of opinions on the merits and problems with each of them.
I used an RRA block on my 9mm build and have had zero issues with it.
I reading LOTS of posts with folks having problems related to the block I think the RRA is the one I've seen the least issue with that still uses the AR mag catch.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 4:55:01 PM EDT
[#2]
I have three 9mm carbines (2 factory built, one custom built).  All three utilize RRA blocks.  Absolutely no problems as long as I don't try to us CProducts mags (old Colts, Pro-Mags, and modified UZIs work just fine).
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 8:16:26 PM EDT
[#3]
No problems with my two RRA blocks.
Have not tried CProducts mags due to other people posting about having problems with them. And I don't want to adjust my mag blocks to make them work because I have a ton of modified Uzi mags.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 5:04:54 AM EDT
[#4]
My suggestion would be to get a mag block that works with the CP mags.  Like it or not the CP mags are now the industry standard (since CP is now the mag vendor for COLT).
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 9:24:28 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
My suggestion would be to get a mag block that works with the CP mags.  Like it or not the CP mags are now the industry standard (since CP is now the mag vendor for COLT).

Im putting together a 9mm and already have 12 Cproduct mags.

What block do you recommend?
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 9:27:22 AM EDT
[#6]
c products is releasing their own block this month! it retails for $99 IIRC. Check it out in the industry forum! lary is a great guy!
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 4:30:08 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Im putting together a 9mm and already have 12 Cproduct mags.

What block do you recommend?

I have a Hahn bottom loading block that secures with a tension bar via set screw.  It works just fine with CP mags.

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top