Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/4/2007 4:32:03 AM EDT
a Left Hand upper in 45 ACP?

This is what a friend of mine has charged me to find.  His eventual goal: a 45 ACP AR15 with a LH upper.

I saw khalan has a 45 ACP lower, but don't know if they'll sell it as a pistol.  I know Oly has 45 ACP uppers, but only see 16" barrels and RH uppers.  I know stag has LH uppers... sigh...

Any ideas anyone?
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 9:38:41 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
a Left Hand upper in 45 ACP?

This is what a friend of mine has charged me to find.  His eventual goal: a 45 ACP AR15 with a LH upper.

I saw khalan has a 45 ACP lower, but don't know if they'll sell it as a pistol.  I know Oly has 45 ACP uppers, but only see 16" barrels and RH uppers.  I know stag has LH uppers... sigh...

Any ideas anyone?

contact tangochaser here and see how to do the 45 upper conversion, seems like it should be very possible, just the ejector spring would have to be reversed, not sure if oly makes a lh spring...good luck

also the "khalan" lower you see is the design that cncguns & tangochaser made :)

just out of curiosity, why a ar45 pistol?  i can understand a sbr but a pistol seems like it would be very unbalanced w/ 30rnds of 45 that far forward in a pistol.  but to each their own, and mine says CAL:  45ACP on it, when i picked it up at the local gunshop after the transfer, they put "rifle" on the form, but maybe each state is different.  i wouldn't see any reason they wouldn't report it as a pistol, but am not sure.

also, on other thing - i have read on the cncguns.com forum that if you use the 9mm brass deflector, it will put a the brass in a pile about 5-6' out @ 1 o'clock - here is a link to that thread - you do have to sign up there to read, but it is a nice forum :)
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 11:16:13 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
just the ejector spring would have to be reversed, not sure if oly makes a lh spring...good luck

and a new bolt with the extractor on the left side,

I'm pretty sure its not gonna happen unless you have the parts built from scratch=$$$$
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top