Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/1/2007 5:40:26 PM EDT
Well, here it is, a sixteen inch 1X15 twist barreled .22lr upper. It has a standard M4 profile and shoots quite nicely for my purposes, (indoors on a fifty foot small bore range.) I started out with a heavily lubed and clean conversion kit inside. Lots of splatter on the glasses! Right off the bat it was a shooter, keeping all 10-15 shots per target in a cluster at around an inch standing. Best accuracy so far was with Federal bulk, load#750, see lower left square on the target below. Scope is nothing fancy with a 3 minute dot. At the end of the first session I started getting light primer strikes. As I discovered from the gentleman who built it, Ciener kits run better with a minimal amount of lube rather than slathered on like I had done. After the second session I stoned and polished the rails and had only one failure to fire. More to follow and constructive criticism is appreciated....

Best group below is right at half an inch.

Link Posted: 12/1/2007 6:23:35 PM EDT
[#1]
From the site it looks like the Spike's setup and cheaper.

Spike's barrel = $200 (short barrel)
Model1Sales barrel = $180 (short barrel)

Spike's modified ciener = $200 (no magazine)
Model1sales modified ciener = $200 (magazine included)
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 6:30:26 PM EDT
[#2]
The Spikes look really nice and they are great people to deal with, but they can't build them because of the Ciener kit shortage...
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 6:46:55 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought a M1S 22lr upper early this year . I have over 4500 rounds through it so far.
It is the M4 style. I bought a Double Star lower at the gun show just for this gun. It is my favorite gun to shoot!
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 7:32:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Reeves,
Any issues with yours that I should be aware of? What ammo preferences for yours?

Mikey
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 3:46:08 PM EDT
[#5]
No issues with the upper. It has been flawless.
I had to file down the edges of the BDM magazines, but  I was trying to use the cheap Remington bulk ammo at the time. The heads (bullets)are loose in the Remingtons. Some would try to bend the bullet. I switched to the cheaper Federal bulk  and have not had a single problem the last 4000 rounds. I bought some Remington Subsonic, but keep forgetting to try it.
I ran about 250 rounds today with numerous 30 rd. mag dumps as fast as I could pull the trigger . Not a single problem. I love this thing!
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 7:02:00 PM EDT
[#6]
can you get the version that uses the regualar ciener kit? if so how much?
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 7:04:11 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm not sure I understand, but they will sell the modified kit with the upper as well as supplying the original Ciener chamber adapter. So, you could use the dedicated barrel, then pull it out and swap the adapter, put it in a standard 5.56 upper and you are set!

Mikey
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 9:44:52 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
can you get the version that uses the regualar ciener kit? if so how much?

it's a dedicated barrel system only. they don't sell any other varient, if you already have a ciener kit, send them the chamber adapter and they will make it into a modified chamber adapter to work with their barrels for $35
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top