Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/29/2007 2:14:04 PM EDT
Anyone have experinece with fulton armorys .22lr upper.  There is not much information on there website.  I'm curious if they use the Ciener or m261.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 1:11:30 PM EDT
[#1]
I thought they used a modified Ciener.  I'm basing that off of something I read on the boards a long time ago though, so I could be wrong.

Brad
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 8:55:22 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a Fulton .22lr. It's ok, isn't that reliable. I just got a Cienar and I like it a lot better. I wish I had gotten the Cienar  instead back when I bought the Fulton. (Not bagging on Fulton, I have one of their 24" .223 upper that's fantastic.)

The Fulton unit uses magazines with the ejector built into the magazine feed lip. I think it's a mod-Cienar becuse I could have used the 2 magazines I got for the Fulton with my Cienar kit except for the ejector. I have not looked at them side by side.

Link Posted: 12/4/2007 2:04:32 PM EDT
[#3]
strange they have there own mags.  How is the accuracy?
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 3:55:01 PM EDT
[#4]
I can't really tell you because it's been so long since I shot it. I had been planning on shooting it more this winter since my local outdoor range closed for renovations, but now that I have the Ceinar, I'm going to be shooting that a lot more.

I haven't shot it much because it was so unreliable in feeding ammo.

I'm working on some pics now.

BTW, it's not a mod-Ceinar after all.

ETA- Pics

Bolts- Fulton left, Ceinar right

Overview of bolts and magazines, note lip on Fulton magazine (on right) to eject spent shells.

Large pic! overview of components

How the Fulton Upper and bolt come together
Note that the barrel extends into the upper and fits into the large hole in the front of the Fulton bolt.

Link Posted: 12/4/2007 7:17:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Those are very good pics Andras.  The Fulton Armory uses a kit just like the DPMS.  I read where F./A. used a modified or DPMS kit.  The kit is vary similar to my DPMS AP4 dedicated upper.  The only difference I see is mine has a hole in top of the bolt carrier in the guide area where the  gas tube would go through the top of the bolt carrier (gas carrier key).  The magazines are identical.  My DPMS is very reliable with good high velocity ammo and vary accurate depending on brand of ammo.  My magazines are unmarked and hold ten rounds.  I run a lot of Clp on my upper and just clean it after each range session or 300 to 400 rounds.  I usually shoot Aguila 40 grain SE.  Close to 100% function and very accurate.  Some of these kits tend to be a lot more reliable after shooting a couple thousand rounds.  One thing I like about the DPMS is that it will extract a shell out of the chamber more reliably than my Ciener kit.  I also liked the magazine better on the DPMS than the Ciener 10rounders.  Now I wish BDM would make a mag for the DPMS/Colt design as my BDM full body mags are great for the Ciener.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 9:12:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the great information.  I hope you can get yours running right.  
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top