Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/23/2007 4:07:51 AM EDT
For those of you whom have gone this route before...

Would you mind posting pictures of your installed Hahn Dedicated 9mm Mag Blocks? Most importantly the top view of it in the lower. I am curious to see how the bolt catch plays in the retention of it.

Those of you who haven't installed it yet would you mind posing pictures of the block from the top, bottom, and side views of the block?

Link Posted: 10/23/2007 7:20:35 AM EDT
[#1]
I can post pics this weekend.  Mine is installed, but I haven't put the bolt catch back in, so I can still pull it in and out.  
Link Posted: 10/23/2007 7:25:36 AM EDT
[#2]
I use their drop-in block; the mag catch only holds the mags, and neither it nor the bolt catch are part of the block retention system.

100% functionality with Garrison Mfg upper and Colt/CP magazines.
Link Posted: 10/23/2007 10:51:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Here you go.

Link Posted: 10/23/2007 5:33:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks Joe. Jeep I'd much appreciate that especially if you'd provide the external images...
Link Posted: 10/24/2007 4:11:47 PM EDT
[#5]
is there any advantage to the dedicated block over the bottom loading one with the bolt hold open feature?
Link Posted: 10/24/2007 4:51:34 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
is there any advantage to the dedicated block over the bottom loading one with the bolt hold open feature?

The dedicated block can't accidentally fall out of the receiver like the bottom loader.
Link Posted: 10/24/2007 5:14:45 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Thanks Joe. Jeep I'd much appreciate that especially if you'd provide the external images...

Rainier Arms has several good pictures of the block itself.
Link Posted: 10/25/2007 3:49:11 AM EDT
[#8]
That's who I was looking at buying it from, but I'm the curious sort who like to know/see as much as I can before buying something. Leaps of faith aren't my forte. hinking.gif
Link Posted: 10/25/2007 9:38:07 AM EDT
[#9]
I am running a bottom install Hahn block with total satisfaction in a new stag lower.  I tried it in a Cav Arms Mk1 (polymer) lower first and the while the block would stay put, the magazines would fall out.  Not to say that it cound not be made to work correctly, but unreliable is a no-go with weaponry in my posession so I went with a virgin Stag lower and built it up.  If I knew of top mount when I was shopping, I probably would have gone that way, but nothing wrong with my set-up.
Link Posted: 10/27/2007 3:49:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Here you go.

home.earthlink.net/~mwsjb/pictures/hahn2.jpg

- What brand of mag do you have in this?

- Have you had any issues with it?
Link Posted: 10/28/2007 5:53:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Its a Promag. Yes, I've had problems with it. I'll be ordering some CProducts mags shortly.
Link Posted: 10/28/2007 3:52:14 PM EDT
[#12]
You will be pleased with the CProducts mags.  I have a couple with no issues.

Thanks,

D
Link Posted: 10/28/2007 5:50:30 PM EDT
[#13]
I used a Hahn dedicated block for my wife's build. Her rifle is for self defense so reliability is paramount. It is 100% using ball ammo and CProducts mags, she has over 1K through it now without a single malfunction using this combo.

The CProducts mags fixed most of the issues Promags caused. I still can't find any HP's that will feed reliably with the dedicated Hahn block though.

A feed lip cracked on an empty Promag when I released it from the mag well and I can;t have that on a defense weapon. The CProducts have been dropped substantially more without a single issue.

Dolomite
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 3:26:25 PM EDT
[#14]

The adapter can only be removed at the armorer’s level once installed.

What all is involved in removing this adapter?

Link Posted: 12/1/2007 3:46:12 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

The adapter can only be removed at the armorer’s level once installed.

What all is involved in removing this adapter?

All it takes to remove the adapter is to remove the bolt catch and loosen the tension screw that secures the adapter in the magwell.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top