Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/11/2007 8:44:46 AM EDT
I posted here last week about calling Oly and being told that the .45 cal barrels were in, and I ordered one while I was on the phone with them. Paid for it, too. I called today to get a tracking number and was told that the barrels STILL hadn't come over from the "barrel shop"!?!
I don't know, maybe it's me, but saying that "they're in stock and on the shelf" means that they're available for sale and shipment. Now I'm back to "we're waiting on them". Makes me wonder if they have to go out and actually dig the ore and smelt the steel before the "barrel shop" can work on them.
In Oly's defense, I was told today that there were only a couple of barrels available last week. But they could have checked availability before taking my order.
I've got an email in with Kurts Kustom to find out availability and price for what I need.
Hopefully, it'll be good news.
Sorry for the rant, but after my fiasco with Blackthorne I getting a little gun shy

Brian
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 11:52:16 AM EDT
[#1]
I hear you, man. I too ordered one from Oly last Thursday. In the past, when I ordered a small part from them, I got an email within about 2 hours giving me my tracking number. When I didn't get it (this time) by the next afternoon, I called them back to confirm that I actually got a barrel. He confirmed and sent me the tracking number. Since it's coming by ground, it's taken a whole week and is supposed to be here tomorrow (Friday). I'm encouraged though, because I got the automated phone call from UPS today letting me know that someone needs to be there because an adult signature is required.

But like I said in your other thread last week, I'll believe it when I'm actually signing for it. What a PITA !

Link Posted: 10/11/2007 1:14:07 PM EDT
[#2]
This is why I convince Kurt at KKF to get into the .45 AR barrel game. Once his barrel supplier gets a new batch made, Kurt will be the guy to go to for .45 barrels. Custom lengths and complete uppers will be available.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top