Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/9/2007 11:53:58 AM EDT
I am looking for an inexpensive barrel for a .22 pistol build. Spike's has a barrel that is 1/16 twist, while model1sales has .223 pistol barrels are 1/9 twist. I am not looking for stellar accuracy, just something fun to shoot on the .22 range. The model1sales barrel is about $35 cheaper. Is there a reason I shouldn't go with the model1sales .223 barrel over spike's?
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 2:14:06 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Is there a reason I shouldn't go with the model1sales .223 barrel over spike's?

Not to my way of thinking.  
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 2:29:50 PM EDT
[#2]
well the fact that the spikes barrel will be moa accurate i would go with that
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 3:35:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 4:44:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 5:01:05 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm in the process of gathering materials for a pistol build.
I'm currently set on buying a spikes pistol upper for a couple of reasons.  Accuracy vs. a conversion is much better.  I want it to be dedicated .22lr, so thats a bonus.  It looks badass w/ the YHM mini rail and fake can.  Unfortunately I had to spend my chunk of money I had saved for the project to repair my jeep. I should be back on track in a month or so.

I've got my pictogram pistol marked lower sitting at a local FFL now, waiting for pickup. Also a spikes buffer tube plug.

I'm planing for it to look like the .22lr SBR shown on the spikes website sans folding stock.  
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 7:05:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Spike's still uses the ceiner, but it is modified. Is their barrel a true .22 barrel or a cut .223?
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 12:34:22 PM EDT
[#7]
height=8
Quoted:
Spike's still uses the ceiner, but it is modified. Is their barrel a true .22 barrel or a cut .223?

It's a true .22LR barrel with 1:16 twist, as far as I know. The nice thing is since they modify the Ciener kit and ger rid of the faux .223 round shaped adaptor for the chamber, you actually have an extra 1.5" of barrel going into the receiver. So, you can have a M4 profiled .22LR barrel that is legally at 16". At least that's what's stated about thier complete upper.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top