Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/2/2007 3:56:51 PM EDT
Anybody know anything about the Oly Arms lowers that accept Glock mags? Im just wondering if they function well and are worth it. I think it would be neat to have a carbine that takes the same mags and ammo as my pistol.
Link Posted: 10/2/2007 6:12:07 PM EDT
[#1]
got a GL9, love it, 2000+ trouble free rounds....
Link Posted: 10/2/2007 7:30:02 PM EDT
[#2]
you dont have to modify the mags any do you? And do they have an problems with the 33rounders? Thanks for the help...
Link Posted: 10/3/2007 2:50:07 PM EDT
[#3]
no mods needed and the 29 rounder for the GL 40 works great and the short mags work well for bench shooting, I am getting 1 1/2 MOA with 200grn bullets at 100 yards with no problems.  
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 12:34:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Got the 9mm and have no problems with it.
Have a GL-40 at the dealer to be SBR.

What is the experience out there with the 40 S&W 29 round scherer mags ?
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 11:14:09 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a Glock 9mm model and its sweet.  I love it.  I only use factory Glock mags (33 rounders) And I also only use +P+ and I have never had one malfunction with this rifle.  I have over 2000 plus through it now.  Its alot of fun. Mags fit nicely in the lower and no need to worry about mag and mag block tweeking.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 11:51:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Here's mine running in the AZ state subgun match. I had a couple of FTE issues that I haven't diagnosed yet. I suspect they're related to either underpowered reloads or 500+ rounds without cleaning causing short stroking.

All in all, I love the thing. I'm the guy in the white T. I ran 33rd/17rd mags for this match.
2007 AZ State Subgun Match
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 1:12:34 PM EDT
[#7]
We run some of the GL40's.  Stay away from the Schere mags.  Fiinky at best.  Other than that, the platform seems to run fine
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 4:53:02 PM EDT
[#8]
I love my GL9.  
-It hates blazer but WW value packs works great
It will bump fire easily and the bolt hold open mechanism keeps coming loose but I think some lock tight will take care of that.  
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 8:45:10 AM EDT
[#9]
that looked like some fun.

Quoted:
Here's mine running in the AZ state subgun match. I had a couple of FTE issues that I haven't diagnosed yet. I suspect they're related to either underpowered reloads or 500+ rounds without cleaning causing short stroking.

All in all, I love the thing. I'm the guy in the white T. I ran 33rd/17rd mags for this match.
2007 AZ State Subgun Match
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top