Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/17/2007 10:16:21 PM EDT
I talked with a member that recently bought an Oly 9mm upper. He needed sten mags to use. I have a few laying around, and chopped one up today. I ended up with a 7 rnd mag, so I need to adjust the body length, but I will get to a 10 rnd mag. In this process, I will also end up with spare mag springs.

So, my question to those of you in ban states is do you want to purchase these when I make a working 10 rnd sten mag?

The point of this is not for me to start a new business. I found a couple places that already make 10 rnd sten mags, they're only $50-75. My point is that I want others to have fun with 9mm setups as I do. I am trying to obey the rules as far as advertising and non-EE forums, so if you would like pricing or more info, IM or email me.

The follower bottoms out on the mag base, the spring is cut, and the mag body is cut. There is no way to alter these mags to accept more rounds when I am done with them. This should make them legal to own in any mag restricted state.

Thanks, and I hope I can help.
blackta6
Link Posted: 9/18/2007 5:46:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Save your chopped off peice of mag and make some 40 or 50 round mags. You will have to use 2 springs though.
Link Posted: 9/23/2007 4:11:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Well, last night I made a 10 rnd mag. Then, today I found some time to run out and try them both. I use the Hahn top load mag block in my Oly 9mm setup. Both mags seated well. I didn't have alot of time or ammo, but I did run 50 rnds through both. I worked the trigger as fast as I could and had no failures. I pulled down on the mag and pushed up on the mag, and had no problems. So, I think I have have it down.

Anyone want any, IM or email me.

Link Posted: 10/9/2007 5:17:00 AM EDT
[#3]
I can't wait to try these.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 6:06:24 AM EDT
[#4]
        What we could use is a little how-to.
I have contemplated chopping a couple of mags because the 32s are too darn long. Imagine that magazines too large!
I guess what I am trying to say is the full sized mags are un-handy when shooting prone or at the bench.
What actual length did the 10 rounders wind up at?
I am looking at something similar in length when inserted as the GI 20 rd mag which I expect would be more than 10 rounds.
Thanks
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 9:40:29 AM EDT
[#5]
I have them for sale EE add. I think I have a reasonable cost associated with the time and effort I put into this.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 11:40:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Received my two magazines yesterday and the magazines look great. The work is excellent. The finish on the mags is better than I expected.

Positive feedback on this transaction.

Expect some more orders once the guys at the range see these!!

Now you just need to figure out how to mate the Sten Mag to a Suomi drum and all my 9mm mag needs will be met!!

Thanks again.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 11:44:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top