Link Posted: 6/7/2007 1:02:20 PM EDT
[#1]
I have several colts.Have over 15k round throw one.Without a single problem
Link Posted: 6/7/2007 3:03:39 PM EDT
[#2]
olympic
Link Posted: 6/7/2007 3:30:31 PM EDT
[#3]
I have had two Oly's that work 100%, have a Colt right now and it runs good, but mag are a bit pricey
Link Posted: 6/7/2007 4:34:54 PM EDT
[#4]
oly that uses the glock mags

they function great both the 9mm and 40 cal

glock mags can be had at a good price on ebay
Link Posted: 6/7/2007 8:45:03 PM EDT
[#5]
I'll vote for Oly, too.  I've owned or fired three factory Colt 9mm AR's using factory 32 round mags, modified Uzi mags and Promags.  All three were unreliable pieces of crap that made me swear off pistol caliber AR's.  That was until I tried my friend's Oly .45acp upper.  It was reliable with every type of bullet we tried, including ball, JHP and cast, so I grabbed the first one I saw on the EE and I've been happy ever since.  I'll be happier when I get Justin's AR45 lower, though!

So, when I decided to get another 9mm AR, I started looking for an Oly, since I knew the quality was there.  I found one and put 800 rounds of my cast bullet reloads using Unique powder through it in two days with absolutely no cleaning.  All I did was spray the bolt with Remoil before shooting each day.  It's been 100% reliable so far, after three .30 cal ammo cans full of my 147gr cast bullet reloads, and a few boxes each of factory Winchester USA brand FMJ and Winchester Ranger 127gr +P+ SXT JHP's.

My neighbor, even after all the problems we had with other 9mm AR's, recently traded into another Colt.  First night at the range, it proved to be a jam-o-matic, just like I expected it to be, with Colt and Uzi mags.  But, Promags seem to be working better.  Not as reliable as my Oly, but it's reliable enough for a range toy.  Not reliable enough to trust your life to, though.

Buy and Oly and don't look back.  They just work, unlike the Colts.  I have no experience with the Bushy or RRA 9mm's, but since the RRA is basically an exact copy of a Colt, I don't want anything to do with them.
Link Posted: 6/7/2007 10:50:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Oly K9GL (glock mag) goes bang every time. And hits the target if I do my part.
Link Posted: 6/7/2007 10:54:18 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Colt, Bushy, RRA

Olympic....

Your choice of mags too - they make lowers that use handgun mags, or you can put a mag block in your 5.56mm lower and use STEN mags...

Further, you do NOT need a special hammer, so the same lower CAN be used for 5.56 and 9mm uppers...
Link Posted: 6/8/2007 7:35:04 AM EDT
[#8]
I'll throw gas on the fire. I like RRA, i've had mine for about 19 months. After an initial tweaking when i first bought it, it has run 100% reliable for me with promags and modified uzi mags and with almost any kind of ammo.(but of course, what weapon doesn't lean more toward one specific kind of ammo?)This one eats wolf & Speer Gold Dots like there's no tomorrow!
Link Posted: 6/17/2007 2:03:50 PM EDT
[#9]
RRA mine has been great with no tweeking, I have shot it with everything strait outa the box and it shoots em all 90s to 158 grains FMJs HPS.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top