Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/21/2007 7:23:29 PM EDT
I've shot a lot of it in my .223 ARs, and it works just fine.

I was wondering how it does in the 9mm ARs.

Anyone used it?

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/21/2007 7:52:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I've only shot a handful of rounds out of someone elses gun.  I wouldn't was my time or money on that stuff.
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 1:52:16 AM EDT
[#2]
I have used several thousand rounds of wolf 9mm. In my sub guns, my m16 and handguns. It smells worse than most, it's on the dirty side. But for blasting ammo it's hard to beat. Never had a problem with it and will continue to use it.
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 2:55:12 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I have used several thousand rounds of wolf 9mm. In my sub guns, my m16 and handguns. It smells worse than most, it's on the dirty side. But for blasting ammo it's hard to beat. Never had a problem with it and will continue to use it.

I've come to the same conclusion with the .223 and 7.62x39. Not match grade stuff, but just fine for cheap plinking.
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 8:29:48 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I've only shot a handful of rounds out of someone elses gun.  I wouldn't was my time or money on that stuff.

If you have only shot a handful of rounds how/why do come to this conclusion?

+1 for previous posts- certainly not the best ammo but prefectly suited for plinking, that is, cheap and reliable.

Seydou
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 8:35:27 AM EDT
[#5]
It goes bang....
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 8:36:08 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Ditto (except for the subgun and M16)
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 3:24:53 PM EDT
[#7]
9mm Wolf is adequate plinking grade ammunition in all of my pistols, and all of my carbines.  It stinks, I would never use it on an indoor range.

You get what you pay for.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 4:12:23 AM EDT
[#8]
I use it in my 4 UZI's and love it.  I have two autos, and two semi's.  It seems to be a little hotter than a lot of low priced ammo like WWB, etc. and it's definitely much hotter than the UMC crap, which won't even cycle my autos properly.  For heavy rounds with a can I prefer American Eable 147 gr. but it's more expensive.

I also shoot Wolf in my AR's and my Thompson.  Those that dislike it, prrobably need to find out why their gun doesn't work with it, it's not the ammo.  I've used it for so long, that OTHER ammo smells funny now.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 4:33:10 AM EDT
[#9]
I bought a case of it for my subgun. Ended up trying it in several weapons including a 9mm AR.
It ran fine. Had no issues with accuracy. Would buy it again.

Shot more than 12,000 rounds of it in .223 and never had a single problem with it. Shot it during several formal carbine classes without incident. During one, I won the man on man shoot off and shot the high score in the class by a wide margin.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 4:36:20 AM EDT
[#10]
It runs good, but it's dirty and the primers are a little hard.  Some rounds required a second hit from my pistol with lightened hammer spring.  
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 4:41:34 AM EDT
[#11]
I ran some through my G17, on more than one occassion, never gave me any problem!
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 12:02:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Have shot over 1000 rnds each, both 9mm and .223. Not the best in accuracy, but functions just fine. My 9mm prefers it to any other. I agree with it being a little hotter. Aftera a few mags of wolf then on to UMC, my AR9mm showed marked decrease in ejection. Also let off 4-500 rounds of both indoors. If ventilation is adeqate and not packed with shooters, not a problem.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 5:34:20 AM EDT
[#13]
I have shot at least 1K rounds of the 9mm Wolf thru two Glock 17s and an AR-9mm. Wolf ammo seems underpowered, dirty and the steel cases are rough on the aluminum parts of some weapons. With the prices they are asking for it now, in my opinion there are better ammo alternatives. Check out Natchez SS for some of the best prices around for a wide selection of 9mm ammo.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top