Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/31/2006 8:59:35 AM EDT
I have a 9mm upper and need to collect the rest of the parts to complete the rifle.

I know I need another hammer, mag block, mags and buffer.  What else do I need?

Do I need a different buffer spring or stock spacer?
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 9:28:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 3:29:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Cool.  I appreciate it.  Just need to find or buy a hammer and I am ready for the range.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 3:53:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Hammer -

Buffer -

* If you have a rifle stock, leave it alone, rifle buffer is 5.2oz ---- If you have a CAR stock, install a CAR style buffer with a weight over 5.0oz,  the "9mm" buffer be a start @ 5.4oz, but if you plan to run suppressor, step up to the 7oz CAR style buffer if you have the CAR stock/tube.....

I run 9mm and 223/556 with the above system,  though my buffer has a brass dowel inside to bring the weight to 7.04 oz.

Never ever put CAR parts in a rifle tube...
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 4:01:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Some carbine springs are too tight for the 9mm buffer.  If your carbine spring slips easily over the 9mm buffer, you're OK.  If the spring has to be 'threaded' onto the buffer, another buffer spring would be a good idea.  The tight spring could cause short stroking.

DPMS carbine springs work with the 9mm buffer (there are others, but I don't know which ones).  Two springs that came with stocks I bought (one from M1S, the other an unknown manufacture stock found at a gunshow) don't work with the 9mm buffer.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 5:56:25 PM EDT
[#5]
I am going to use a car stock and tube.  I would like to get a shorter barrel after my form 1 comes back but what I have now will do.

Thanks for the information.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 7:43:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top