Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/26/2006 5:46:57 AM EDT
Does anyone have any experiences using these mag loaders? Which one should I get? Please share your experiences. I am tried spending half of my range time reloading magazines!
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 5:50:56 AM EDT
[#1]
I have both for my Uzi and I prefer the LULA. Both work well for loading mags, but the LULA seems to me like it would last longer and you can use it to unload mags too. Also, it's a lot smaller and IIRC it was a little cheaper. JMHO, YMMV.
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 7:38:01 AM EDT
[#2]
I've been using the "personal loader" from my Beta on my Promags and converted Uzi mag.

I like it a lot.  You lift the plunger, drop in five rounds and push the plunger in.  Works well for me.  They are available from places that sell Beta for about the price of a LULA.

I have not used any other loader.
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 3:27:11 AM EDT
[#3]
I have the Cambi-loader and like it.  I think it's easier to use than the LULA, since you drop rounds in with one hand and squeeze with the other.  The LULA seems to be designed for people with three hands, but a lot of folks like it.  (maybe there are more three-handed people out there than I realize or perhaps I'm just more fumble-fingered than I think)
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 7:18:29 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a Cambi and I have only used it on a dry run, I plan on using it for real next weekend.
I was loading mags by hand with the UZI loader but that was murder on your hands and time wasted loading instead of shooting.
The LULA was not out yet when I got the Cambi, so I went with what was available at the time.
If I get the chance to try them both at the same time I would have a better opinion for you.
As of right now I can honestly say I will put the Cambi to good use next weekend.
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 7:20:54 AM EDT
[#5]
I use the LULA, and it works well for me.

I dont have any experience with the others mentioned.
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 10:02:17 AM EDT
[#6]
The thing I lke best about the LULA loader, is that it takes all the stress off the feeed lips whil loading.  Not sure if teh other loader does that, but I know the beta loader does not.

A little food for thought...
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 10:27:01 AM EDT
[#7]
I use the one in the link below.  Scroll down the page it's near the bottom.  It works great to fill my Uzi mags.  It's a bit more than the LULA but in my opinion is faster overall.

Tray Loader
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 7:57:01 PM EDT
[#8]
I have the lula loader for both Uzi and Colt mags and they work great. It really saves your thumbs during a day of shooting with a high round count.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 2:17:11 PM EDT
[#9]
I bought a tray loader a few years ago....it's all metal and works great...I'll look for the link
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 6:07:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 9:44:58 PM EDT
[#11]
I own both.  The cambi is faster and easier to use.

Link Posted: 10/29/2006 5:04:06 AM EDT
[#12]
I am gonna go with the Cambi and try it out. Thanks for all the info.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 6:35:52 AM EDT
[#13]
i have both and like the cambi a bit more but for long term i think the lula will outlast.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top