Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/14/2006 3:07:53 AM EDT
Just wondering if anyone makes an AR in 45acp? Selling of my HK USC/UMP and want a AR in 45acp to replace it?

Thank you!!!
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 3:11:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Olympic, not aware of others.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 3:27:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Hahn Precision 45 ACP Grease Gun Adapter Blocks for the CAV-15 MKII****READ POST ON PAGE 12****
Buy an Olympic upper,
A Cav lower,
Slash's buffer,
A Hahn mag block,
And a bunch of Grease Gun Mags.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 5:45:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Stryfe has the recipe for the simple way to make a .45 ACP AR15.  This is the route that I went.

Con;  No bolt hold open.  No collapsible stock.  I am not crazy about Oly spring ejector.

Pro;  Easy to assemble from easily obtained parts.  Works reliably.

M3 mags appear to be drying up.  Best to buy yours now, if this is the route that you wish to follow.

Of all of the firearm projects that I have started, the Cav Arms MKII, with slash buffer, Hahn mag block, and Oly upper, was the simplest, and most rewarding, that I have completed.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 8:54:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 11:41:30 AM EDT
[#5]
I had a UMP when they first came out.....the cocking handle broke......HK did replace it quick and free.  The cocking mechanism just flops around in that piss poor sloppy round peg in a square 'tube' solution they have.

The felt recoil was extremely heavy for what kind of rifle it is.  Uncomfortable to shoot because of the shitty ergonomics and EXCESSIVE recoil.  I didn't know that you could get so much felt recoil from a 45.  

The fire control unit is this plastic God awful painful mouse trap from hell invention that is nothing short of a muther^$%#$ to assemble.

The bolt design was nice and simple.  I did like that.

Before you buy one of these try one.......and if you can try one next to a 45 AR-15.......you'll be doing yourself a big favor.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 11:44:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 12:32:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Thank you for all the help and info!!!

Force-Recon
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 2:23:23 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm also in the process of the CavArms/Hahn/Oly/Grease Gun project. I have everything now but the upper (1 week until the next gunshow where I pick it up).
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 6:38:07 PM EDT
[#9]
We debuted our 45AR reciever at Knob Creek last weekend. Built on a modified Superior Arms S-15 reciever it uses GG mags. A stripped receiver retails at $350 with dealer and quantity pricing available. We will have a website up in two weeks but I can e-mail pictures and answer any questions that you might have. Contact me a [email protected]
Thanks
Bruce
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top