Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/10/2006 11:29:32 AM EDT
Who has them in stock right now?  I waited too long with CDnn and they are out.
Thanks
Ed
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 8:03:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Easy_E, did you read all the CZ threads on this board before making your buying decision?  I broke a firing pin in just over 3000 rounds and under 60 days and had to pay $20 for the replacement, even though ADCO agreed I should have gotten well over 10,000 rounds before worrying about broke firing pins.  Additionally, it only reliably extracts $3.30 a box CCI Stingers, which is better than 5.56, but certainly not the $8.96 a box of 550 Reminton Hi Velocity ammo at WalMart.  If I had to do it again, I would definately think about the few extra dollars for something with a little better rep on this board...just my .02 cents after getting one in Feb this year.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 6:28:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the reply. I thumb through here a little before work and didn't see anything so I posted. I will do some more looking for that thread.
A friend wanted a cheap .22 conversion for his son and the CZ came to mind. But maybe the Bushmaster or something else maybe a better deal. If he liked his I was going to do the same thing for my daughter later.
Thanks again
Ed
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 7:41:04 PM EDT
[#3]
    Before i bought my V22, i was considering getting a Ruger 10/22 or dedicated upper. Well i got both, sorta, i bought 10/22's for my sons. I paid 369.00 for my V22 then the price went down, i also had to do a little work to it (tighten up the barrel/and fix weak firing pin hits etc.) considering price, mag capacity and the work i did on it, i should have bought 3 10/22's.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 7:52:14 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a DPMS upper and like it... highly recommended.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 3:41:00 PM EDT
[#5]
And I have a heavy barrel DPMS and cannot recommend it.  Yes, buy 3 10/22's!!!
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 5:16:32 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a 10/22 that my daughter already shoots. She also uses my savage 17 hmr but the stock is too long. Then I bought a savage scout for her for Christmas.
I was thinking that a 22 with the same controls as a AR15 would be good for her. Then when a little bigger she would be familiar with a larger .223.

My friend is in a big hurry and doesn't have a computer. So I was checking for him first. He liked the CZ price point but with problems it might be a bad idea. I told him to check on the Dpms and Bushmaster.
We will see what happens.  
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:52:15 PM EDT
[#7]
There is a ton of good info on this site about all of them, the designer of the V-22 (cant confirm but sounds legit) even talked about the V-22 on two threads, both worth the read...I would've went with the DPMS but they were on backorder, then I heard they were redesigning it so it would be this summer so I went with the 22.  I now think it would've been worth the wait.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top