Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/3/2006 7:45:30 AM EDT
I have a line on the above carbine. It is a flattop w the carry handle. It has YHM rails and a Daniel Defense sling plate w/ 2 mags I dont know it it was a 9mm from the ground up or if it was converted. Is this a good price? Do I need to know anything special beyond no bolt holding open, need for converted mags etc? Thx in advance.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 8:58:44 AM EDT
[#1]
That would be a good deal for a FT,the CH and rail goodies are a plus.Be warry of a parts and pieces build up,some are just as good as factory units,some are jam-o-matics. Try to somehow set the sale as conditional upon some type of live fire reliability test if seller can't prove it is a factory unit. If the seller has confidence in the gun this shouldn't be a big problem. Don't expect the owner to let you walk away with the gun without buying it,but something reasonable such as meeting you at a range,you provideing ammo and range fees ect.
Good luck,a 9 that runs well is a blast
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 3:30:22 PM EDT
[#2]
I may be mistaken, but a call to RRA should confirm.  RRA has only been making complete 9mm rifles for a very short time (a few months at most, I think).  If it is a complete RRA 9mm rifle, the lower should be marked 9mm.  If the lower is marked RRA .223 or 5.56, it is more than likely a custom/home build.  You can always ask the current owner what he bought, how much assembly went into it and who did the assembly.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top