Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/3/2006 6:23:48 AM EDT
Got a 9mm RRA set up.  Fired about 300 rounds of winchester white box through it. Then cleaned it.  Man, is it dirty.  What's with the chunks of stuff?  Is it the ammo or the blowback that's doing it?
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 7:17:29 AM EDT
[#1]
When I shot Win White box in my OLY it was about the filthiest. Evrything was crudded up. Between WWB and Wolf I couldn't tell which one was worse. Blow back everything is gettng deposited back on the bolt extractor, FCG etc.  Some ammo is cleaner that others but you still get the inside of the gun dirty. Even though my gun is filthy it still runs no problem!
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 8:21:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Try a box of the Federal Eagle in the red box. They burn cleaner.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 3:00:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Run the gun a lil more dry. Only oil the areas were it needs it the most. After that it will be cleaner in the long run. Oil and dirt love each other. Other ammo would be cleaner but cost more.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 4:11:16 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't shoot WWB anymore since I find it too dirty.  It's CCI Blazer (aluminum case) for handguns and CCI Blazer Brass (~$6.00 at Walmart or $5.49 for 10 or more at natchezss.com) for my RRA 9mm.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 4:55:50 AM EDT
[#5]
i found out on the first outing that the 9mm was a blast to shoot so i went through a good amount and afterwards found out how bad it craps on itself.

i decided that i wouldnt clean it anymore other than the chamber/bore. if it likes soiling itself im gonna let it.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top