User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/23/2006 6:26:43 PM EDT
what holds the mag well in place. my colt is pined in  
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 4:32:47 AM EDT
[#1]
A screw set up. You tighten a screw that some how puts pressure on the block in theory holding it in place. After 5 months of trying to keep mine in place it is back to the factory for the second time to see if they can get it to stay in place.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:03:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Blue Loctite will help keep it in place if you have problems with the set screw coming out. I have had mine for over 2 years and it has not moved at all and I have not even used Loctite yet. I use a heavy Beta mag too.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 2:56:12 PM EDT
[#3]
You really should have shipped the block to me...  

I need one

RRA is really strange to order from - they say- "Yeah we have them in stock" and then when it doesn't ship for two weeks you call back and they say  - - Oh it will ship whenever our rifles aren't selling and we have one.  

I'm waiting on my magblock RRA.  Everything else is here.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 3:57:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Does RRA have a new model?

The mag block I have from them is the type that slides in from the top.....  no dropping out the bottom ( no screws )
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 4:09:23 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
You really should have shipped the block to me...  

I need one

RRA is really strange to order from - they say- "Yeah we have them in stock" and then when it doesn't ship for two weeks you call back and they say  - - Oh it will ship whenever our rifles aren't selling and we have one.  

I'm waiting on my magblock RRA.  Everything else is here.

IN Stock RRA mag block And Adco RRA block
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 4:36:22 PM EDT
[#6]
I have the bottem loader type RRA block. It works perfect with 147gr hollow points I shoot most of the time.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 11:17:22 PM EDT
[#7]
" IN Stock RRA mag block And Adco RRA block"

Thanks I placed an order through ADCO.  

I have no idea why I ever thought of ordering an RRA item through RRA

I'll have to cancel that monday.  

I'll save money too I think the price and shipping are both cheaper.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 1:01:00 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
" IN Stock RRA mag block And Adco RRA block"

Thanks I placed an order through ADCO.  

I have no idea why I ever thought of ordering an RRA item through RRA

I'll have to cancel that monday.  

I'll save money too I think the price and shipping are both cheaper.

your welcome Adco is a great company. If you ever need barrel work they are the ones to give the job too. I sent my upper to them to have the Ak brake takin off and have the barrel threaded and have a A2 flash hider added , they had it done in ONE day .
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 6:34:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Do the new RRA magwell block have bolt hold open? I got so damned confused with the tack threads i am still trying to figure it all out. to many damn blocks.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:10:00 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Do the new RRA magwell block have bolt hold open? I got so damned confused with the tack threads i am still trying to figure it all out. to many damn blocks.

YES
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 4:24:17 PM EDT
[#11]
can you drill the lower and mag well and pin it lkie a colt
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 4:54:33 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
can you drill the lower and mag well and pin it lkie a colt

Yes. I have seen some one had the front of the magwell drilled and tapped for a set screw, that works real nice. But my RRA magwell adapter has not budged in over 2 years of shooting.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 9:51:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top