Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/21/2006 4:49:53 PM EDT
Hi guys,

I just picked up a RRA 9mm.  I am in the process of filling out my SBR paperwork (form 1).  My question is, if I ever decide to pick up a .223/5.56 SBR upper, will it function properly with a 9mm lower?

I know the hammer is different, so would I have to change the hammer to a standard .223 hammer?
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 8:41:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Standard AR hammer will NOT function correctly with 9mm upper/bolt assembly if your bolt is designed like the Colt 9mm version.  You'll need to locate an M16 hammer and file/cut the "hook" (used to catch the sear) from the hammer.  After you remove the "hook", this modified hammer will function with both 9mm and .223 uppers.

Before you begin, make sure you have the smaller dimension FGC holes in your lower or the modified M16 hammer will NOT accecpt the larger pins.

Hope that helps.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 2:34:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Joe Black has the hammer you need .....look him up...
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top