Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/20/2006 9:34:38 AM EDT
My factory RRA 9mm upper arrived in the mail today... as did my 9mm hammer and Hahn dedicated block.

I slapped the mag block in and switched the hammers (am I the only one that takes 30 minutes just to swap hammers?).

I put in the 9mm buffer and put the upper on.  Done!  So I thought.

I aimed at the wall to get a feel for the new baby and, lo and behold, there is no front sight post.  The entire front sight assembly is no where to be found.  There is just a bare front sight base.

I called the guys from whom I purchased the upper and hammer/buffer and confirmed that it is a factory upper.  They aren't slapping them together in-house.  They are sending me the little parts I need.

Has this happened to anyone else?  How does one forget to put sights in a FSB before shipping out an upper?

I would actually be very upset over the whole matter except Botach is late with my Colt mags so it isn't like the lack of sight post is holding me back from testing out the new baby.

Just wanted to vent.  I'm done.

And I'm not naming the business that I ordered from... they were very nice when I ordered last week and shipped the next day.  I don't want to link a bad experience to their business.

- BG
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 9:36:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 9:43:56 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Eh, those things are overrated anyways

What, the front sight posts?

- BG
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 9:47:54 AM EDT
[#3]
yep.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 9:58:40 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

- BG

It was a joke.  
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 9:58:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 1:29:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Bah... I thought you were talking about 9mm carbines in general.

The thought did cross my mind that I could just try and bracket in the target in order to function test the rifle... but I'll wait.  

- BG
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:24:32 AM EDT
[#7]
BG,

If you are in the 'burg, I believe I might have an extra front sight post, spring and detent around the house.  I'm at work now so I can't check.  If you are still back in CT and don't receive one prior to returning to Lewisburg, let me know I can probably hook you up.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 8:08:19 AM EDT
[#8]
I had everything shipped to the 'burg and I'm here now.  I can hit you back with a new post/detent/spring in a couple of weeks.

Two crush washers will be offered as a reward.  

If you can't find the parts, don't sweat it.  

- BG

Link Posted: 3/21/2006 8:23:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 8:30:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Get an Aimpoint and you won't need the front sight post.    

Only kidding.    

Link Posted: 3/21/2006 10:04:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Steve, IM sent with what little information I have.  After some way to aim this thing, I bet it'll be a great shooter!

- BG
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 12:11:29 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

- BG

It was a joke.  

I've seen him shoot. He wasn't kidding
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 12:25:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 6:50:48 AM EDT
[#14]
Check your IM BG
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 6:36:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Did your upper come with a gas deflector?
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 10:22:28 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Did your upper come with a gas deflector?

Indeed... and solidly attached.   I have no reason to believe that this is not an RRA factory upper.

This is in no way a knock against RRA.  Everything I've seen and heard has been positive about their products.  I look forward to getting this thing up and running!

- BG
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 12:52:07 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

I slapped the mag block in and switched the hammers (am I the only one that takes 30 minutes just to swap hammers?).

- BG

Probably!  
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 3:13:49 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

- BG

Probably!  

Thought I was going to break a thumb trying to get those holes lined up!

- BG
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 6:46:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Sounds like it was the middle man.

When I got my 9mm upper and went to test fire it, I didn't even have to adjust the sights, it was perfect!

Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:33:47 PM EDT
[#20]
I would just zero it on one of the sight ears.

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top