Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/19/2006 9:01:22 PM EDT
I am starting as a pistol for now, until my SBR paper work is in .  Built on the lower I won in the contest put on by COZ_45 thanks Randy !!!!  CZ  V-22 upper cut off and threaded.  Put on a YHM Phantom COMP/BREAK .  WENT CRAZY with the drill press on the forearm and block.  Looks cool, and I wanted to make it a light as possible. Broke it down and de-barreled it.  Sandblasted, heated, and Moly Coated.  Put on a DPMS tri-rail riser and a Bushmaster flip up front sight.  Would be cool with a houge grip and DOT sight.  Almost done.  Oh ya, and the SBR papers, silencer, and a stock . Will post better pics when its done. Now for sale.

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 11:38:23 AM EDT
[#1]
That will be alot of fun. When you add a 22 suppressor it will be really neat. I love my  AAC scarb 22 can it is basiclly like dry firing when mounted on my bolt action 22 rifle. You hear click and then the thump of the bullet hitting thats it.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 11:59:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Ya, I cant wait.  It will be fun !!!
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:40:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Can you lose the buffer tube on this setup?
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 7:55:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Dont know.  I am going to remove the buffer , and buffer spring and see if it shoots.  If it does, then bingo, will work.  If not, I am gonna mill a short buffer with a miny buffer and shorter spring, and try that.  Will post the results.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 4:01:13 PM EDT
[#5]
looks pretty slick.  enjoy.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:31:01 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Dont know.  I am going to remove the buffer , and buffer spring and see if it shoots.  If it does, then bingo, will work.  If not, I am gonna mill a short buffer with a miny buffer and shorter spring, and try that.  Will post the results.

It will shoot, but you'll beat it up.  If you look at it, the last 3/8 inch or so of rearward bolt travel pushes back a small rod that touches the buffer. It'll probably hammer itself apart in short order without that extra cushion from the buffer spring.  A pistol buffer would probably work alot better in this situation than they do in most .223 cal pistols.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 7:16:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Thats kindda what I was thinking.  I noticed if I pull the bolt back all the way it hits the buffer and utilizes the spring.  I can see what you are saying.  Wonder if I could make a short tube, say like 2" with a short buffer and spring ??
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 10:03:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 10:35:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Shooting it suppressed was fun!  It fed different ammo alot better than I expected.  Think I might sell it though to fund other projects.  .22LR just doesnt do it for the hogs .  Dont know yet.  I really wanna keep it but might need the Money.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top