Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/18/2006 4:02:33 PM EDT
I had a few problems getting going (most caused by me I think) but these great dealers made it all OK. Thanks for the help and thanks to all you guys for answering all my dum questions. Took it out today and it ran great!

Link Posted: 3/18/2006 6:39:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks like we will be close to twins we must have similar taste. I have been putting togather a very similar rig , but I will have a Sopmod stock. I had Title II build about the same looking upper and ordered the Hk 3 lug flash hider I glad it works I knew it would be a very tight fit and was not for sure it would work. I have a 551 eotech, and gemtech Raptor can. Tangodown grip. I have been thinking about adding a forward grip but have never used one before how does it feel to shoot with? Henry at Title II and Mark at TROS were both a great help to me also. Both take the time to anwser emails and go the etra mile to help you how which is nice. Gemtech is always helpful I have a hard time getting off the phone with those guys I always learn something everytime I call.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 7:03:36 PM EDT
[#2]
very nice. I'm going for the same setup as well :)
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 7:07:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 7:14:51 PM EDT
[#4]
This was built by me. Buy a couple tools and anybody can do it. Here are the details:

Hahn mag block
Ameetec upper B/C/H
Ameetec lower
TROS 5" barrel
Gemtech Trinity can with 3 lug adapter
VLTOR stock
RRA 9mm hammer

Anybody wanting something similar. TROS, Title 2, and Gemtech cannot be beat. I have never seen such a level of customer sevice. If you dont want to screw around and waste time, deal with one or all of these guys.

Link Posted: 3/18/2006 7:57:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Beautiful rifle.  How do you like your Trinity?
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 8:28:42 PM EDT
[#6]
what is the max inside diameter of the YHM ? thinking of tucking a suppressor with a 5" TROS barrel inside a 9" FF.

thanks !!!
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:59:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 11:09:05 AM EDT
[#8]
thats a great looking setup. I love it
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 11:14:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Thanks USAgold. It has proven itself to be 100 percent reliable and fun to shoot too.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 1:53:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Ah, isnt that a cute little booger.....
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:01:57 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
IIRC 1.75" for the YHM. A 1.5" suppressor will fit fine.

perfect. suppressor is around 1.39" diameter.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 3:23:04 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

With that diameter, a DD rail will give you a much tighter look. I know they are more expensive but building a suppressed 9mm isn't cheap so why stop now?

Bomber

Turrican......so what ammo are you using? I've tried several brands in 147fr and they don't seem to be subsonic. I have some 158 gr Fiochi on order.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:10:43 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

With that diameter, a DD rail will give you a much tighter look. I know they are more expensive but building a suppressed 9mm isn't cheap so why stop now?

Bomber

Turrican......so what ammo are you using? I've tried several brands in 147fr and they don't seem to be subsonic. I have some 158 gr Fiochi on order.

Thanks the Bomber, can you tell what the max inside diameter of the DD ?
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 10:33:46 AM EDT
[#14]

Thanks the Bomber, can you tell what the max inside diameter of the DD ?

Mine is 1.44"

Bomber
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 10:41:48 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
This was built by me. Buy a couple tools and anybody can do it. Here are the details:

Hahn mag block
Ameetec upper B/C/H
Ameetec lower
TROS 5" barrel
VLTOR stock
RRA 9mm hammer

Anybody wanting something similar. TROS, Title 2, and Gemtech cannot be beat. I have never seen such a level of customer sevice. If you dont want to screw around and waste time, deal with one or all of these guys.

Extremely nice setup you've got.  I'm about to start building one similar to it, plus or minus some of parts you used.  Do you mind telling me what you put on the form 1 for the overall length and barrel length?  I'm trying to get my form 1 filled out to send off.  Right now, all I've got is the lower.  I'm going to piece it together while I wait for approval.

I'll be using the TROS 5" barrel with the Vltor and the rest will be RRA parts.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:51:51 AM EDT
[#16]
Barrel 5"

Overll 24"
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 7:53:42 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Hahn mag block
Ameetec upper B/C/H
Ameetec lower
TROS 5" barrel
VLTOR stock
RRA 9mm hammer

Do you mind giving a cost break down?? or just the total cost of your build (less the cost of the can).

How do you like the short handguards?
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 3:37:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Very nice!I have the excact same upper on a pistol lower.I called ATF today.My Form1 is pending May 28.I can't wait!
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 7:40:15 AM EDT
[#19]
Can you provide a link for the 5" barrel from TROS please?  I'm having zero luck finding that.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 8:16:57 AM EDT
[#20]
You can get them here
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top