Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/13/2006 4:24:12 PM EDT
I have several Colt 32 round 9mm magazines which have been purchased over the last several months.  All of the mags have been marked with the date 6/98, including those that came with a new 6450 purchased within the last few weeks.  Were most Colt magazines made during this period or are there other common dates of manufacture?

Link Posted: 3/13/2006 4:31:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I only have 2 and they are also marked 6/98.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 5:23:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Mine are all the same too. they must madea huge batch or they just did not change the date to save money.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 7:32:34 PM EDT
[#3]
My new colt law 32rd mags are marked the same also.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 10:48:56 PM EDT
[#4]
I have always been under the impression that Colt does not make 9mm rifles or mags all the time, like they would there 5.56 models. Maybe 6/98 was one of the most recent dates made.

Just a guess though. I could wrong.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 5:14:29 AM EDT
[#5]
think they were mass produced that month/year

i got a pile of them with that date and the others i hav dont have any dates at all
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 2:20:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Do these mags marked 6/98 have the old style metal followers, or the newer style plastic ones?

Does any one know when the changeover was made?
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 4:00:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Mine are all plastic.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 4:32:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the info.  Do you like the plastic followers?  Do you feel that the plastic follower mags are as reliable as the old steel follower magazines?

I have found few things in life that work as well as my pre-ban Colt magazines.  Unfortunately, they are quite pricey.  Seems like there are more of the plastic ones floating around nowadays.

Some body needs to manufacture quality steel 9mm mags at a reasonable price.  There has to be a market out there, or Pro-Mag would not have gone to the trouble of manufacturing there attempt.

It was a pretty good attempt, too, but I prefer a steel magazine.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 4:41:42 AM EDT
[#9]
all of mine have the plastic follower and have not given me a lick of a problem
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 9:18:00 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Thanks for the info.  Do you like the plastic followers?  Do you feel that the plastic follower mags are as reliable as the old steel follower magazines?

The plastic followers work great.

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top