Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/11/2006 4:23:03 PM EDT
1) What length barrel would I need to bring the barrel just to the end of a 7 inch forearm? (edit: plus thread for suppressor that extends past it)
2) Do I need a 9mm specific reciever? I checked the FAQ, but only mentioned spending $400-500 on an entire upper. Besides, I want to build it myself.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 3:14:28 PM EDT
[#1]
1) Check out the 9.25" TROS barrel @ Title2.com it might be what your looking for.

2) You could use a AR receiver w/ 9mm bolt carrier group, but I would recommend a dedicated 9mm receiver and parts. Check out the RRA 9mm parts @ ADCOfirearms.com

Both are good people to do Biz with.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 5:06:59 PM EDT
[#2]
1) Mine is 8.5 from bolt face to the end of the threads.  

2) As said you can use a standard upper with 9mm CBG but unless you have an upper laying around you may as well get a dedicated 9mm upper.

Link Posted: 3/17/2006 3:58:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the replies guys. I was looking at making an SD style upper with the suppressor just barely going under the handguards. Like around 0.25" in.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top