Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/28/2006 12:02:12 PM EDT
There was a thread about relineing barrels anyone know where it is?
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 3:12:06 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
There was a thread about relineing barrels anyone know where it is?

Did this have to do with relining an AR barrel to make a dedicated 22lr upper?
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 5:40:03 PM EDT
[#2]
yes.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:00:00 AM EDT
[#3]
I have done a bunch of relining in GI barrels but I only do it as a hobby. You won't believe how much all the stuff thats needed to do a relining on an AR type barrel costs! If you are planning to do just one it's cheaper to buy a dedicated 22lr barrel from somebody like Kuehl.

On the other hand there is a cheaper way to get the relined barrel and that's to contact American Manufacturing.  I tried one of his barrels and it worked just as well as a custom barrel I had made and it cost about 1/2 the price.
This is the URL for American Manufacturing;
www.american-manufacture.com/
Scroll about 1/3 of the page down and you will see their note on barrel relining. If you have a shot-out barrel that you want relined, let them know about it.

I hope this helps!
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:12:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks ,I have sent their a couple of e-mails but no answer. Do you have a telephone number?
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 1:26:01 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Thanks ,I have sent their a couple of e-mails but no answer. Do you have a telephone number?

I know it's hard to get in touch with the owner -- sometimes he'll answer your e-mails right away and sometimes it takes forever -- gunsmiths are busy. Sorry but I don't have a number for him. To get somebody here on ARFCOM to step in and give you some info on the owner (I think his name is Mike) maybe you should start another topic here asking -- "How do I get in touch with American Manufacturing?".
There has got to be somebody that knows what the story is.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:59:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks, I will.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:26:44 PM EDT
[#7]
tag...need to get a barrel relined
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top