Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/25/2006 6:02:21 PM EDT
I'd like to buy either a rimfire 1911 or Beretta 92 for plinking.
Do you know which conversion kits have a last round bolt open feature?

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:41:47 PM EDT
[#1]
The original Colt units did.

There's a new 1911 kit that does, but I forget the name. Might be Advantage. It has a steel insert in the slide to take care of it.

Actually, bolt hold-open is not a real big deal if you can count to ten. Even if you can't, the Ciener firing pin doesn't hit the chamber if dry-fired. Like the Ruger MK II and 10/22, it's designed not to.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:40:38 PM EDT
[#2]
IIRC it is the Jarvis 1911 .22lr conversin that has the lastrd hold open.  i believe they use the same mags as the colt.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 10:20:59 PM EDT
[#3]
That Jarvis looks nice.  They even have a kit with a threaded barrel:
www.jarvis-custom.com/Products/tabid/53/ctl/ProductDisplay/categoryId/15/mid/388/Default.aspx
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 5:14:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Advantage Arms will, see link:

www.advantagearms.com/1911conversion_kit.html
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:00:27 AM EDT
[#5]
I’ve got a JAC kit for my 1911 that I got second hand I absolutely love it and would not hesitate to get another one. It locks back about 75% of the time… Not absolutely positive but I think the other 25% is mainly due to my grip on the pistol and the lighter weight of the slide. Could also be that the weapon is dirty; I’ve been doing about a brick each range session and by the end things are pretty dirty. Hope this helps.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top