Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/24/2006 6:51:53 AM EDT
Hey guys,

I'm a newbie 'round here. Long time reader but I've only made a couple posts. I'm newly into AR's since I finally live in a state that will allow me to own one, and now I have the itch to build one in 9mm. Here are my questions, which lowers are the best options for magazine fitments/availability/cost? I have been searching the net this morning and can not seem to find anyone who makes an SBR upper, but I know I have seen them before so can someone please point me in the right direction?

I guess I shouldn't say I plan to "build" one. I am looking for a complete lower/upper that I can pin together and add some accessories I.E. railed hand gaurd, Eotech sight etc.

Can some of you more experienced guys help me out a little with some information to get me going in the right direction?

Thank you for your help!
Spoons (newbie)
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 8:00:36 AM EDT
[#1]
You're not by any chance this spoons are you?

The promags get mixed reviews.  Though the new ones seem to get good reviews.  You can get them at natchez for about $12.  
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 8:10:23 AM EDT
[#2]
No sir, I am not that Spoons. Thank you for the info on the mags. Which lowers use those mags? I have heard or read that there are 2 versions of the lower that take Colt mags, or "other" mags.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 8:14:02 AM EDT
[#3]
That's the colt system (more commonly, folks go with RRA instead of a colt).  Best price on uppers i found is adco

They sell the blocks too.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 8:20:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Another source for 10.5 9mm uppers.  Wonder who makes the ones from adco?
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 8:27:18 AM EDT
[#5]
RRA makes the adco
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 8:47:14 AM EDT
[#6]
AWESOME! Does anyone make railed handgaurds for uppers that small?
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 2:39:09 PM EDT
[#7]
If you had a registered reciver (machine gun or short barreled rifle) or a lower registered as a pistol without a stock, Model 1 Sales, DPMS, CMMG, and Rock River Arms all sell either 10.5" or 7.5" uppers.  I have seen 4" four railed free float tubes for RRA and CMMG.

Scott
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:31:53 AM EDT
[#8]
OK, so being a total newbie and not knowing where to start with this build I have a few more questions. What do I need to do to make this a 100% legit build? I am wanting a 10.5" SBR with possibly a supressed upper. I am reading that there is some sort of special registration that I will need for the lower? Is this in order to be able to purchase the upper? I am a bit confused, please enlighten me!

Thanks guys!
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:16:59 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
OK, so being a total newbie and not knowing where to start with this build I have a few more questions. What do I need to do to make this a 100% legit build?
You need an "approved" 1 of this,  

I am wanting a 10.5" SBR with possibly a supressed upper. I am reading that there is some sort of special registration that I will need for the lower?
See above, in the event of an AR-15,  the serial #'d part is the firearm, so you need to register the lower as SBR to allow it to wear a barrel shorter than 16".

If you choose a 10.5" upper with a muzzle mount suppressor, then you need this for the short barrel, and this if you choose to purchase the suppressor.

Is this in order to be able to purchase the upper?
No, the upper is considered  "just parts", they not the y controlled part of the firearm

I am a bit confused, please enlighten me!

Thanks guys!

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top