Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/17/2006 5:15:42 PM EDT
OK folks....if I have a Colt 9mm subgun upper, do I need a special 9mm auto hammer in my RR lower to run a Hahn block?  Or does the regular M16 hammer work?
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 7:12:37 PM EDT
[#1]
The regular hammer will work.  The down side is, without ramping the bolt like a .223 carrier is, it will beat the daylights out of your firecontrol pins.  The standard 9mm bolt will pound the pins so hard they can break.  Worse yet, the pounding can egg shape the fire control holes in your lower.

I would highly suggest that you install a set of KNS anti rotational fire control pins and have the 9mm bolt ramped.  I got my KNS pins from Denny's Guns and the bolt ramped by M60Joe.  Both of them I contacted through the EE Board.  I would also suggest a MGI rate reducing buffer.  I use mine in my carbine stock.  It will handle 9mm, 5.56 NATO, and 7.62X39.  Good luck with your 9mm project.

Scott
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top