Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/9/2006 10:51:36 AM EDT
Im not sure if all or some 9mm mags need a mag block or not. does this dsa 9mm ar15 mag need a mag block? Can anyone tell me? Will it function fine if I just put this mag in the magwell w/o a magblock?
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 11:00:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Looks to me like the Promag 9MM AR magazine and that requires the use of a magblock.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 11:07:44 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm pretty sure the only 9mm mags that don't need a mag block are the Oly's, and they have what is in effect a mag block welded to every mag.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:02:49 AM EDT
[#3]
that must cost a lot if every mag needed a mag block. I plan to get a RRA mag block and use promag 9mm mags. First, I want to look at the magblock that takes original sten mags w/o modification. Who sells the sten magblock design? whats the difference between bottom-loader and top-loader magwells? Also, Is this the new RRA magblock or the older version? Does anyone make a 9mm lower that doesnt require any stupid magblocks?
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 8:04:41 AM EDT
[#4]
I do believe that all of your questions could have been answered if you read the sticky at the top.  Anyway, if you purchase a Colt/RRA type 9mm set up then you need a mag block.  These set ups can use stock Colt (expensive), modified Uzi (cheaper), or promag (cheapest) magazines.  The main difference with top and bottom mounting blocks is that only bottom mounting blocks will operate the bolt hold open on the Colt or Promag mags (Uzi's don't use BHO) with the exception of the Hahn semi permanent top loader wich will engage the BHO.  If I've mistated anything than someone will be along shortly to correct me.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top