Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/7/2006 6:56:40 AM EDT
Im about to purchase an american 180, and shooting it last night i noticed that it did not have a select fire, it only had full auto and safety. i asked the previous owner about it and he stated that he didnt believe they came with such an option, Is there a way to add a selector to one?

It is a "B" series gun, meaning it was manufactured in SLC, Utah of Austrian parts.. if that matters..
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 11:17:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Look for a little pin sticking out of the receiver (like in the pic below)  It's the selector...

Link Posted: 2/9/2006 4:57:45 AM EDT
[#2]
If there's no pin sticking out on either side of the receiver, then it might be a Connecticut gun, where "full-auto only" is the rule.  If so, you can restore the selector by installing one of the ones pictured above.  Joeblack makes very good ones and they don't cost much.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:36:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Joe does some sweet work.  

I just got some really cool thread adaptors and a thread protector made.  Plus my third .22lr loader.  

Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:58:58 AM EDT
[#4]
hmm.. i probably should order one, if they are really that much better..
Id rather not wait till mine busts..
Also his speed loader appears to be an improvement over the one im using now..
Does anyone know his prices?
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:09:21 AM EDT
[#5]
I have to say, the American 180 is the most fun you can have with your pants on.

One more place you can try for parts and service is Val Cooper.  His info can be found at www.american180.com.  Sooner or later, every American 180 owner buys something from Val.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 8:03:50 AM EDT
[#6]
haha, ive already found Val.. previous owner told me that is the first place i should look for anything.. and usually the only place...
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:42:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Pardon the silly question, but why would anyone need semi- on a F/A 180?  After all, the world is full of semi-auto .22s.  

For that matter, I can't remember the last time I shot any subgun in semi.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top