Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/3/2006 12:05:26 PM EDT
I'm looking at purchasing a Colt 6450 9mm carbine down the road and was wondering if anyone knows if Colt is still producing them and if so how much/often?  Also does anyone know if Colt plans on continuing to produce that model, or perhaps a newer version, for a while or if they will end production anytime soon?  Thanks for your input.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 10:09:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Anyone?
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 11:49:29 AM EDT
[#2]
i heard that the 6450 is just a limited/small production.

there are still plenty that pop up in the ee and jensen arms i believe have them in stock.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 2:46:05 PM EDT
[#3]
IIRC, Colt only makes 6450s once per year so their availibility is sparse. However, there are other brands of 9mm ARs as well as custom builds that are every bit as good as the Colt. Get a Colt mag block, use Colt mags with it and you'll be good to go.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 10:26:43 AM EDT
[#4]
I just bought one 2 weeks ago.  I was going to buy a 6920 and looked around for a month but the only people that had 6920's were wanting too much money compared to what my local dealers quoted me if they had one in stock.

So I decided to get a 9mm instead.  My dealer had 2 6450's in stock, a dealer at the gun show had one and Jensen Arms had one.  All were about the same price so I bought one from my local dealer.  

I can tell you it is a lot of fun to shoot and is a very light gun.  I put 100 rounds of WWB the first time out without a single problem.  

With 9mm ammo being substantially cheaper than good .223 ammo I plan to shoot it a lot.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 10:30:18 AM EDT
[#5]
try here
Jensen Arms

or here

Specialized Armament Warehouse

Or any of the dealers or EE board on this site they are fairly easy to locate and you will likely find a good price.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top