Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/31/2006 9:03:41 AM EDT
I was looking at the 9mm AR picture thread and really like the  Suppresor  look on those ARs...Now I have a Colt  9mm AR , & was wondering  who could  make me or do  this job- I want a 16inch BULL(not HB) Bull barrel installed on my AR that would Look like a suppresor..I like the look. Who could do this-including  maybe a full length  free floated or four rail handguard....HELP me out guys!!

PS- And so it isn't asked- My state does not allow Suppresors...
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 9:05:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Like this- http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=15&t=208426&page=12
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 9:11:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Took care of the pic for you!
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 2:50:49 PM EDT
[#3]
You might consider having your barrel shortened and getting a fake suppressor permanently attached so it's 16".  
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 7:51:54 PM EDT
[#4]
No one does bull barrel work?
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:14:56 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
No one does bull barrel work?

www.ar15barrels.com/
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 3:47:56 AM EDT
[#6]
These guys sell an 8in barrel, why not e mail them about a 16
total silence
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 11:07:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 11:11:31 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.ar15barrels.com/

I suppose that if you prodded me enough, I could make a fake can that's permanently attached to the barrel.
Start with a 16" barrel, weld on an end cap, a piece of tubing and another end cap back on the barrel under where the handguard ends.
The whole thing would be permanently welded together, so you are going to be limited to a GG&G, Troy or Samson handguard that can attach to a regular barrel nut.
That way the whole assembly can be parkerized as a unit with a standard steel barrel nut captured on the barrel by the fake can.

The major advantage of a setup like this is the weight.
You get the "Look" of the suppressor without the weight of a bull barrel.
By the way, barrel diameter limitation on regular barrels is 1" and that's limited by the barrel nut ID.
Most 9mm Cans are much larger than that, 1.5" being a good size.
The thing to watch here is the inside clearance of the handguard.
1.375" is probably the way to go.

IM sent....
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top