Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/22/2006 12:05:27 PM EDT
Ok, I've been trying to do some research on 9mm Colt models.  At first I thought that there was really only one model LE that we could get and that was the 6450.  But as keep reading on here I see other model numbers referenced.  Went to the Colt website and they don't even show the 6450 only the sub gun models.  Also checked out the Bighammer sight but he references mostly the older models.  Any idea on where I can read up on what models are out there that are available?
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 12:25:30 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't know why Colt doesn't show the AR6450 on their website.
The one I used to have was made in April of 2005 so they are still in production.
I heard that they only produce them at certain times in the year though.

Link Posted: 1/22/2006 4:26:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Colt still makes the 6450, just got one made in 11/05.  I wondered the same thing as to why it wasn't on their site.  This also brought me to the question of whether they make the Subgun 9mm on the website in semi-only.  That is basically the same question I just posted here under the "Factory SBR" thread.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 5:19:09 PM EDT
[#3]
The world may never know...lol  Got to love Colt's website.  
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 11:53:20 PM EDT
[#4]
i own a 6450 as well
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 5:44:41 AM EDT
[#5]
You will see 6450's come up all the time on the EE!  
If your interested in one just do a search for them in the EE...

Colt has a long standing problems as being the most ANTI GUN - GUN COMPANY!

For some reason they sometimes do not like to advertise what they produce...
This is why you will probably have a hard time with your search...
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 11:57:21 AM EDT
[#6]
So what are your opinions of the 6450?  I just got a price on one local and am thinking of "pulling the trigger."  I have a Colt AR already and want one in 9mm.  
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 5:54:22 PM EDT
[#7]
I bough one on here from the EE and the guy told me he put it in the mail this morning.  I've never have shot one but I would say go for it, I did.  I think it will be fun too shoot, plus it will be cheap and give me trigger time behind an AR.  
I never did find anything out on other models besides the 6450.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 9:12:16 AM EDT
[#8]
i have a 6450 and it is sweet. coolest gun in my safe if you ask my 11y/o. he has claimed in the event of my untimely demise,  or if zombies attack.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 11:28:42 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
So what are your opinions of the 6450?  I just got a price on one local and am thinking of "pulling the trigger."  I have a Colt AR already and want one in 9mm.  

If I could legaly own one in Cook County I would!
Since I cant, I make do with my ASA upper, RRA lower setup!
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 7:39:44 AM EDT
[#10]
I just bought a 6450 two days ago and got to shoot it yesterday.  I can see why people love 9mm AR's.  It's light, accurate, cheaper ammo than 5.56 and was just a blast to shoot.  It's like shooting a .22 on steroids.  It hardly kicks at all.

Plus I think it will make an excellent home defense gun with good ammo.

My only gripe is the crappy factory trigger.  I will be changing it out for something that works with the 9mm hammer.

So far I really like this little gun.

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 8:16:56 AM EDT
[#11]
So what exactly is the 6450?  16" barrel with small pivot pin and mil spec trigger pins?  Semi-auto only obviously, but what is the difference between this and a 16" 9mm sporter carbine?  Sorry for my ignorance, but as already stated it's hard to get info on the different models, if someone could give me a breakdown of the different Colt 9mm's currently available, I'd greatly appreciate it.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 8:17:23 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
My only gripe is the crappy factory trigger.  I will be changing it out for something that works with the 9mm hammer.

It is my understanding that an M16 trigger will work in the 9mm carbine.  File the hook off if you're paranoid.  Don't know about aftermarket triggers like the McCormick drop-in unit, but I think any trigger that doesn't have the cut-away would work with the 9mm bolt.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 8:28:28 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

There is  6430 Spoter Target, with no Bayonet lug  and the 6450.

The 6450 is the current model
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 9:44:48 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
You will see 6450's come up all the time on the EE!  
If your interested in one just do a search for them in the EE...

For some reason they sometimes do not like to advertise what they produce...
This is why you will probably have a hard time with your search...

You might want to do some research before posting some stupid remark you read somewhere.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 2:04:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Got my baybe on Thursday.  Can't wait to go shoot it.  Hope it's as fun as I've read it is.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:26:40 AM EDT
[#16]
I owned a Beretta Storm in 9mm, however I replaced it with a 6450....best decision ever!
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:47:17 AM EDT
[#17]
Does anyone know the legality of owning a Colt 6450 in Minnesota and Maine (where I go to school)?  I've read that in some states civilians can't own Military/Law Enforcement marked models made by Colt and want to make sure it would be legal for me to purchase one.  Thanks for your input.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top