Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/15/2006 7:09:41 PM EDT
Will the M261 conversion magazine fit inside any standard 10 round magazines? If so, which ones?

Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 3:50:28 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Will the M261 conversion magazine fit inside any standard 10 round magazines? If so, which ones?

Thanks in advance!

I doubted that the M261 mag insert would fit in a GI type magazine limited to only 10 rounds so I tried it in a Bushmaster 10 round mag I have. Due tho the limited capacity of the Bushy mag, there is no way the M261 insert would fit. I would imagine that this would be true for any GI mag limited to 10 rounds capacity. I hope this is what you meant.

Do you live in an area that has a magazine capacity limit and you can't have 20 round mags?
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:51:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Not now, but I may in a couple of years. I have them working fine in GI mags, but it's too close to call legally if I modify the 30 rounders in some way so that they're permanently attached to the M261 mags.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 3:16:04 PM EDT
[#3]
I actually have a Non USGI 10 Round Mag up for sale on the EE.  I originally thought it was 20 rounder because it came with a M261 insert installed.  So, yes, they can fit in certain 10 rounders, but I don't know who makes them as the mag I have for sale doesn't have any markings.  

Cheers,
Here's a pic.  The 10 rounder is on the far right.  

Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:39:33 PM EDT
[#4]
that looks like the PRO MAGS that i have handled.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:44:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah, I"ll second that. At least it looks just like the pics online.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 2:42:12 PM EDT
[#6]
I'd say promag also.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 2:28:23 AM EDT
[#7]
I do believe that 10 round magazine is a Bushmaster Bullpup 10 round mag.

~Icarus
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 3:42:15 AM EDT
[#8]
I have a 10 round mag that was supplied with an Oly rifle I bought, the M261 mag fits perfect inside. It was just laying around and I thought this was a good use for it.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 8:40:36 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Thanks in advance!

I don't know if this will be any help but I bought 2 Bushmaster 22lr magazine bodies that where for sale in the EE section. I decided to try one of the M261 mag inserts in one of the mag bodies and it works great -- I had to do some very minor modifications to the mag body so the insert would fit. The only problem is I don't know if you can just buy the mag bodies from Bushmaster.
The empty mag body is on the left.

This is the M261/Bushy mag body next to a GI mag with an M261 insert.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top