Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/15/2006 9:55:06 AM EDT
I've read umteen posts and frankly speaking, I'm dizzy . Some of the posts seem dated as the mag blocks have gone thru revisions to work out the bugs. I like the look of the promags and they are cheap so unless you can talk me out of them, that's what I plan to use.

So which mag block, Colt style convsrsion, should I buy keeping in mind I do want the bolt hold open feature.

Thanks in advance.

Bomber
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 1:41:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the Hahn dedicated block and it holds bolt open with both colt and promag mags.

The colt mags worked perfect, but I had a few hang ups using the promag and various types of ammo I brought for testing, especially the aluminum cased blazer.  The brass cased blazer was fine.

Bottom line, the promag are fine for the range and I will be getting a couple more just to piddle with, but I DO NOT trust them for anything more than that.  Get you a couple of colts too, I know they are expensive, but they worked with a bunch of ammo types no problemo.

BTW,  RRA 9mm A4 upper is what I have.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 2:07:06 PM EDT
[#2]
colt style mag blocks.

the tacked thread above list which are colt style and which are not and you can find used colt blocks in the ee.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 2:12:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Tag.

Szurgot, you answered two questions I was going to ask:
1) What block works with promags?
2) What block/mag setup will give me bolt hold-open.

Thanks!
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top