Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/10/2006 3:46:29 AM EDT
Will a DPMS LPK work in a 9mm application? It's going in a RRA lower.

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:05:18 AM EDT
[#1]
All the parts in a regular 5.56 cal LPK are the same for a 9mm cal except for the hammer. You'll need to buy a 9mm hammer and install it in place of the hammer that comes in the LPK.

Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:26:53 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
All the parts in a regular 5.56 cal LPK are the same for a 9mm cal except for the hammer. You'll need to buy a 9mm hammer and install it in place of the hammer that comes in the LPK.

I was told to keep the DPMS hammer because it worked with both the .223 and the 9mm
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:35:03 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was told to keep the DPMS hammer because it worked with both the .223 and the 9mm

I'll have to pass the specifics of this point on to someone else who knows more......but I think the 5.56 hammer will work with the OLY style 9mm's, but not the Colt/RRA style.

I think I remember reading about this in the FAQ at the top of this forum.

Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:55:22 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I'll have to pass the specifics of this point on to someone else who knows more......but I think the 5.56 hammer will work with the OLY style 9mm's, but not the Colt/RRA style.

IIRC, DPMS uses a different profile on its hammers (modified M-16 style without the stepped face) that allows them to function with Colt/RRA type 9mm setups.  A standard AR hammer can also be modified to work with the 9mm kits.

Link Posted: 1/10/2006 8:36:31 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I'll have to pass the specifics of this point on to someone else who knows more......

Well, I guess thats's me.

As long as the hammer looks like this one, swap the uppers to your hearts content.

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top