Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/5/2006 11:02:25 AM EDT
I just ordered my RRA 9mm, the first thing I want to do is yank off the front sight and handguards and stick on a larue 9.0, do I need a barrel wrench for the 9mm or is that only for .223.
Thanks
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 12:08:25 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I just ordered my RRA 9mm, the first thing I want to do is yank off the front sight and handguards and stick on a larue 9.0, do I need a barrel wrench for the 9mm or is that only for .223.
Thanks

Yes, you will need to remove the barrel nut from the 9mm.  This thread is full of info on installing barrels and FF tubes.
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=4&t=226782

Some of the vendors here might install it for free if you buy the Larue from them.  Might save you from buying everything, unless you plan on putting more together soon.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 11:51:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Actually now I want the YHM free float lwt.  but i quess i need the wrench and upper vise
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:42:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Make sure to find out if the wrench you get will work on both the original barrel nut and the YHM tube.  I already had a DPMS wrench, but ended up having to buy the YHM wrench as well.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 10:23:38 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a G.I issue barrel wrench that I modified to fit a heavy barrel.  

It fit my ORIGINAL barrel nut, and my YHM FF lightweight rail barrel nut also.

Now as far as the RRA nut goes, I imagine it would be the same.  

Link Posted: 1/7/2006 11:05:14 AM EDT
[#5]
with the yhm freefloat using their wrench makes tightning the locking collar much easier and it also has pegs which will remove install the bbl. nut
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:10:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Spend the $ and get the Larue. You won't regret it.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top