Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/26/2005 6:59:45 AM EDT
Yesterday I was shooting with my cousin.  He was using my KKF dedicated upper w/ Ciener kit.  He pulled the trigger, and had a failure to fire.  We dropped the mag, extracted the round, and I noticed there was no primer strike on it.  I opened the rifle and pulled out the bolt and noticed that the firing pin "knob" at the back of the unit (what the hamer hits) was missing.  I found it in the lower receiver.  

So, my question is this.  I have ~20,000 rounds through this kit.  Should I repair, or replace this unit?  If I replace, where is the best place to go for replacement parts?  Finally, is there an on-line schematic that shows all of the parts, so I will know exactly what to buy?

Thanks!

Brad
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 1:45:37 PM EDT
[#1]
It sounds like you need a new firing pin.  That is the weak link in the Ciener kit and lots of people have broken them.
The easiest thing to do is order a new one from Ciener.  There are other folks who have made one at home and say it is easy but I haven't tried that yet.  If you order from Ciener, you might as well get 2-3 of them.  It will break again and the shipping is the same no matter how many you order.

http://www.22lrconversions.com/atch-prts-lst.htm

Fair warning though...don't try to start a conversation with him.  He will just piss you off.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 4:26:38 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Fair warning though...don't try to start a conversation with him.  He will just piss you off.

LOL, you have been warned!  
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 6:24:58 PM EDT
[#3]
LOL, you probably won't get a sentence in before he gets rude and hangs up the phone.  I'd call Rick Kuehl and order a firing pin from him instead.  I believe the website is found here
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 6:37:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Kuehl might be the way to go.

3-4 years ago I called Ciener about some problems and got some guy working there, or maybe just answering the phone.  He was very nice and helpful.  He also agreed that Ciener can be a bit of a jerk at times.  He told me to send the unit back and they would check it out.  I returned it and two weeks later it was back in my hands, running much better...and no charge.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 5:53:59 PM EDT
[#5]
I got my new firing pin from KUEHL.

It fit perfectly, and got to my door so fast I barely had time to shoot .223 out of the rifle.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 7:00:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks guys!  I never would have thought of buying the parts through Rick Kuehl.  I just e-mailed him checking on price and availability on the parts I need.

Appreciate it!

Brad
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 7:23:43 AM EDT
[#7]
10$ + 2 shipping. Cant be better than that.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top