Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/22/2005 8:03:02 PM EDT
Anyone fitted their BM 9mm pistol with a longer buffer tube or tube extension? What tube, buffer and spring combination?

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 9:09:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Like a non-collapsible rifle stock?

Link Posted: 12/22/2005 9:15:24 PM EDT
[#2]
I think he wants it to remain a pistol.  Not a SBR.  The longer buffer tube or tube extension would aid in shouldering the pistol though.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 4:19:28 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I think he wants it to remain a pistol.  Not a SBR.  The longer buffer tube or tube extension would aid in shouldering the pistol though.

other companies sells their pistols with carbine lenght buffer tubes and i seriously doubt it would be a problem using a rifle length tube as long as there is no stock attatched.

i dont see any advantage in a longer buffer tube though since a heavier buffer and stronger buffer spring would give the same effects action wise
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 11:06:17 AM EDT
[#4]
I got a 7.5 and 10.5 upper off the ee, and some stripped pistol lowers, I wanted to make sure everything worked so I put them together, and the only spare buffer tube I had was from my full length ace skeleton  stock, it worked fine, only problem, was I just screwed the tube on, so I didn't have the extension that holds the rear take down pin spring in, so I had to make sure the pin didn't fall off, you could shoulder it like a stock, it worked with both uppers.  the spring was the one that came with the ace stock, I had a h3 buffer.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 12:26:24 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I got a 7.5 and 10.5 upper off the ee, and some stripped pistol lowers, I wanted to make sure everything worked so I put them together, and the only spare buffer tube I had was from my full length ace skeleton  stock, it worked fine, only problem, was I just screwed the tube on, so I didn't have the extension that holds the rear take down pin spring in, so I had to make sure the pin didn't fall off, you could shoulder it like a stock, it worked with both uppers.  the spring was the one that came with the ace stock, I had a h3 buffer.

if im not mistaken the h3 buffer is a carbine length buffer, the ace full length tube is rifle length.... how did you get by without destroying something?

the carbine buffer is too short in a rifle length tube and would allow the bolt carrier to travel too far into the buffer tube and could potentially destroy your lower if there is enough force present. something i would not attempt unless there was a spacer in the tube to correct the travel or unless using a rifle length buffer.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 2:53:39 AM EDT
[#6]
I know zero about these pistols.
I do know that Colt 6400c car tube uses car spring and buffer but OAL. is much longer.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 4:16:16 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Like a non-collapsible rifle stock?

www.doublediamondsupply.com/photos/c15pair1.jpg

just so ya know,  I hate you.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top