Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/20/2005 5:48:15 PM EDT
Just cycled a bunch of dummy rounds through my new unfired Oly/Sten system using a SOCOM style block and good ole' sten mags. First tried the Dalphon modified one, no issues. Sticking in the SOCOM Block and using the Sten mags? Tons of jams! The mags aren't sitting up high enough!

So, what do I do? Sell the SOCOM block and get a proper-fitting KKF block?
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:53:51 PM EDT
[#1]
The KKF mag block works great. Mine even feed .45 GAP through my Sten mags after I opened the lips up a bit. Sten mags do vary in tolerances from mag to mag. I have one Sten that is so thin, the entire mag can pass through the magwell. It could just be a bad batch of Sten mags.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 11:18:46 PM EDT
[#2]
http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=15&t=259930

Check this thread.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 3:35:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Does it jam on the 1st round stripped from the mag? Failing to feed into the chamber or when it's ejecting? I haven't tried to hand cycle my OLY. I use a socom block with sten mags from 3 differnt sources and have never had an issue. You stated the mag isn't sitting high enough so you compared it to the Dalphon mag? You should have to sell the socom block.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 10:39:52 AM EDT
[#4]
The issue I am having is that the two nubs on the sides of the mag need to be pushed in for it to seat high enough in my magwell for the Hahn to catch it.  I also have two mags that the slot on the back is not quite high enough for the Hahn to catch even with the nubs pushed in.

Link Posted: 12/22/2005 8:44:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Bleh. Fun.

SOCOM Block is going up on the EE. KKF Block just ordered.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 10:03:30 PM EDT
[#6]
I ended up putting my lower in a mill and making a couple of relief cuts with a 1/2 end mill in the bottom of the recievers magazine well for the over insertion ears on the sides of the Sten mags. Then made a new latch paddle out of 1/4 stock a lttle longer on top and hand fit it to the block. The mags sit a good bit higher and it's almost a straight shot into the chamber. I have no bolt over base failures anymore, no failures of any sort now.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top