Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/14/2005 10:13:54 PM EDT
RRA 9mm shows delivery for tomorrow and I need some help with ammo selection.

The two duty loads I've been looking at are:

Winchester Ranger 115 +P+ (not sure how well +P+s will work)
Winchester Partition Gold 124s

Do AR based carbines work well with +P+s or do  they tend to have issues?

Are there any heavier loads that perform well?

I'm also thinking of picking up some Ranger 124 grain FMJs just to have around.  Anyone have experience with these in their carbines?

And finally, how does Value Pack ammo perform in your carbine?  Not concerned about precision, just function.

ANY input would be appreciated,
Scott
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:16:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I use the Wally World value packs and my gun loves them. I can't say anything about hollow points never needed them. Next time I go I will try a few of my Black Talons to se how they run.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:49:58 PM EDT
[#2]
You should since you have all those mags.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 5:25:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Everyone's got an opinion and I'd enjoy reading it (hint, hint).

(Do I have to start paying people to respond to my posts??!?!?!?!)

Scott
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:09:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Don't know that it will be much help but I know how frustrating it is not to get replied to.  I just got mine and ran 80 rounds of WWB and Lancer ammo through it with no problems.  I plan on shooting it more this weekend and hopefully I get to put a couple of hundred rounds down range for a better test.  Although I have no clue about a duty round.  Good luck.

Blaker
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 5:03:06 AM EDT
[#5]
WWB 100 round box +1! $10 to $13 depending if on sale or not!
Last time out ran 600 rounds, no proble with gun except for some feed issues with mags, still need to tweek them!

Shoot whith what you want for fun, but train with what you will use!

Link Posted: 12/21/2005 6:04:54 AM EDT
[#6]
I run mine on Federal AE9FP 147gr truncated cone ammo from Colt magazines and Hahn mag block and it runs perfectly.  I have never tried to feed hollowpoints but they should function the same as the flat-point Federal.

Link Posted: 12/21/2005 7:43:40 AM EDT
[#7]
I use Winchester (white box) 100 rd value pack 115 GR.  
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 9:34:29 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I use Winchester (white box) 100 rd value pack 115 GR.  

+1
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 10:01:33 PM EDT
[#9]

Well, here it is.  RRA 9mm A4 factory carbine from Jensen Arms.  Arrived on Wednesday and I've gotten to put 150 rounds through it so far with no issues other than the it's shooting about two inches low from POA at 15 yards.  How many clicks on the front sight post will I need to bring that up???  I haven't had the weather or time to properly zero it yet but it's still a great deal of fun.  

So far it's sporting:

LMT BUIS-Thank you, DPD06
Surefire M73 fore-end-Thank you, Danichster
Unknown make foregrip that I had laying around.
Local dealer had 4 NIW Colt 32-rounders that I got two of for $114.xx out the door.

Not pictured is an ARMS 22M68 w/ cantilever spacer from Hoosier_Buddy because the only thing I could put in it at this point is an empty toilet paper roll.  Hopefully it will contain an Aimpoint ML3 but that's taken a backseat for the time being.

I also use a Streamlight M3 on one of the side rails because the sling is a loaner until I order a side sling mount from RRA.  Couldn't believe RRA didn't include a sling with this.  Oh well

I'm liking life in the pistol caliber world so far.  This has got me seriously thinking about going the SBR route but I'm still contemplating that one.

Ammo used has been 100 WWB Value Pack and one 50 round box of Q4172.  Very accurate even though it's hitting low.

Scott

Link Posted: 12/25/2005 7:03:30 AM EDT
[#10]
For sighting in U should not need to adjust much for 100 yard shots the 9mm is very flat shooting out to 100 yards maybe a lil more. Here is mine. MERRY CHRISTMAS .
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top