Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Link Posted: 11/29/2005 6:56:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/29/2005 7:47:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks!  

Do you take photo requests?  How about the underside of the bolt and bottom of the magwell?
Link Posted: 11/30/2005 4:01:26 AM EDT
[#7]
thats cool how they have the mag block captured.

how's it shoot? and is it sent with a pro-mag or a copy?
Link Posted: 11/30/2005 6:44:19 AM EDT
[#8]
I do not know how to tell the difference of  a promag or a copy. this is my first 9mm and i will shoot about 500 rounds to day and report back to night. the mag block is held in by a roll pin at the front of the mag well. I can tell you this about the mag when load it will not drop free of the mag well. You can remove the mag block but the botttom of the mag well is closed up to only take 9mm mags so this lower will never except 5.56mags.
Link Posted: 11/30/2005 7:56:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for the detailed pictures, hope it shoots well.

Does it have a 9mm hammer, or a 223 hammer?
Thanks
Link Posted: 11/30/2005 8:11:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Thanks for the photos.  Interesting magwell treatment.  The ramped bolt is good too.
Link Posted: 11/30/2005 10:47:45 AM EDT
[#11]
Range report
shot 200 rounds of wwb 2 FTF. It happend at the first 3 or4 rounds of a full mag.
so the rest of the time i only load 25 rounds no failures after that.
Shot 100 round cci blazers aluminum case. I hade about 6or8 FTE I will post picture of the emptys.
over all i like the gun seems like i got a lot of gas and powder in the face. After i empty a full mag my eyes were burning. I was at an indoor range so mybe outside it will not be so bad.
On the wwb stuff when i had a FTF when i droped the mag to clear the jam about the first 8 or 10 rounds flew out of the mag. AS far as accurcy goes i did not spend much time take my shots it was all off hand at 25 yards 5 or 6 inch groups. I will go to the out door range next time and shoot off the bench and see what she con do
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c370/jonathanhicks/DSCN2387.jpg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c370/jonathanhicks/DSCN2390.jpg
Link Posted: 11/30/2005 1:08:55 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Range report
shot 200 rounds of wwb 2 FTF. It happend at the first 3 or4 rounds of a full mag.
Shot 100 round cci blazers aluminum case. I hade about 6or8 FTE I will post picture of the emptys.

8 failures in 300 rds?

My excitement about the new bushys is quickly fading.

Link Posted: 11/30/2005 1:25:05 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Range report

8 failures in 300 rds?

keep in mind he is shooting alum cased blazers and using the polymer pro-mag.

still hoping this is a good 9mm
Link Posted: 11/30/2005 1:26:00 PM EDT
[#14]
have you tried any other mags yet?

where are you in tx? if you are close by i wouldnt mind letting you try some of my mags while i check out the 9mm
Link Posted: 11/30/2005 1:31:29 PM EDT
[#15]
The pics make me hungry as much as they make me want to go shooting.
Link Posted: 11/30/2005 1:49:47 PM EDT
[#16]
I dont have any other mags yet. I just came back from the second range trip and have some bad news. When i went to the in door range I sight in my eotech at 25 yards dead on never even fliped up the iron sights. Well i just got back from the outdoor range where i tried to shoot it at 50 yards. It shot why to left at 50yards so i moved back to 25yards dead on. I thought i would try out the iron sights at 25yard. I had to move the rear sight all the way to right to get sight in. I dont know what would make it shoot dead on at 25 and then 8inch left at 50 yards? with both the iron sights and the eotech.I guess i will have to have it sent back to bushmaster. if the front sight was canted the eotech should still be on target at 50 yards right? If any body has any thoughts on this i would like to know so when i talk to bushmaster i might have some ideal what the problem is.
ekliwhoa i am prety far north in amarillo.
thanks
Link Posted: 11/30/2005 1:53:34 PM EDT
[#17]
canted front sight, overtorqued barrel in carbon reciever.

i think you have made my decision on picking up another 9mm carbine.
Link Posted: 11/30/2005 2:45:16 PM EDT
[#18]
this is bad news but i am not ready to give up yet. I still think this could be a very good gun. I have every bit of confedence that bushmaster will make it right. I am a little unhappy about the the sights being messed up , but some time things happen and you just have to work thourgh it. i will give them a call and see what they say.
Link Posted: 11/30/2005 3:30:55 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
canted front sight, overtorqued barrel in carbon reciever.

On a bushy?  Couldn't be.
Link Posted: 11/30/2005 4:51:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Unfortunately canted front sights are common......more common than they should be.......always look before you buy.  EOTechs are very well made......consistantly.  When you are having alignment issues with a quality optic (and mount) it is usually a barrel issue.

These are the possible problems:
Barrel is horribly bad.
Barrel interface with reciever is horribly bad.
Your front sight may or may not be canted.....a secondary issue to speak of with them.

I have seen aluminum uppers with poorly machined Picatinny off centerline with the bore line.  Since the upper is molded plastic....it will be accurate with Picatinny alignment with centerline, as long as the mold is correct.

I would be interested in seeing detailed pics of the magazine adapter disassembled......

Link Posted: 11/30/2005 5:59:35 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Range report

Might just be the Blazer, the back pressure is probably warping the aluminum case enough to hinder extraction.

over all i like the gun seems like i got a lot of gas and powder in the face. After i empty a full mag my eyes were burning. I was at an indoor range so mybe outside it will not be so bad.

The BM has no deflector, but that Bolt also looks pretty light, compared to my Colt and Oly. It may be blowing more back because it's not locked well. Does it have a 9mm Buffer?

On the wwb stuff when i had a FTF when i droped the mag to clear the jam about the first 8 or 10 rounds flew out of the mag. AS far as accurcy goes i did not spend much time take my shots it was all off hand at 25 yards 5 or 6 inch groups. I will go to the out door range next time and shoot off the bench and see what she con do

For reference, with my 3 power ACOG at the indoor 20 yard range, I can put 20 rounds into one large hole, 2" max. The gun shoots a lot more accurate than me.
Link Posted: 12/1/2005 1:50:13 PM EDT
[#22]
You will have much better luck with some better quality mags. Get your hands on some Colts and you'll be pleasently suprised.
Link Posted: 12/1/2005 4:38:21 PM EDT
[#23]
You have one of the VERY early production rifles, as most distributors and dealers are still waiting for their first orders to come in.  As with any autoloader you should try to find the ammunition that the gun likes to digest best.  Purchase at least three or four different types of ammo and record your results.  Aluminum and steel cased ammo tends to be loaded on the weak side and is also known to be of questionable quality and consistency.  As for your sighting in issue it could be due to the cheap ammo, or, as stated elsewhere in this thread an early production barrel issue.  If you cannot solve the problem with quality ammo, you might try different mags, they have a huge influence on autoloaders performance and reliability.  The upside of all this is that it is a Bushmaster product.  Bushmaster has an excellent reputation for customer service, and a well respected warranty program, and I know they will make every effort to correct any problems you might have with your weapon.  They have always served me well.  If you have any questions, I would give them a call.
Link Posted: 12/1/2005 5:52:13 PM EDT
[#24]
I am not worried about the ammo or the mag problems I am happy with the gun my only problem is with the sight being all the way to right to get it zero. I took it back to the range to day to shoot it agian same problem dead on at 25 yards 8 inches left at 50 yards and not on the paper at 100 yards. I have every bit of confidence in bushmaster that it will get fixed. That is why they sent me a return label and it is on its way back to them right know. I want to thank everyone for there input and i will keep you post when it gets back.
Link Posted: 12/2/2005 8:34:08 PM EDT
[#25]
try using the winchester 100rd white box value pack and see how that works in your rifle. and let us know how it works out. Pun
Link Posted: 12/3/2005 4:50:18 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
try using the winchester 100rd white box value pack and see how that works in your rifle. and let us know how it works out. Pun

That is what I normaly use and it works great!

Last time out I went tru 600 rounds and it was a blast!

No issues with my rig other than tha typical Uzi mag problems...
Only jams on the striping and chambering side...
No FTE, or FTF... every round went bang that got chambered!
Link Posted: 12/3/2005 10:20:10 AM EDT
[#27]
off subject but i have found buying two 50rd boxes at academy comes out about $2-3 cheaper
Link Posted: 12/3/2005 11:33:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Sorry to hear about the accuracy problems.  I am interested to find out the end result.  That is not like a bushmaster to have problems like that.
Link Posted: 12/4/2005 7:29:53 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Range report

8 failures in 300 rds?

keep in mind he is shooting alum cased blazers and using the polymer pro-mag.

still hoping this is a good 9mm

My 9mm AR doesn't like alum cases either.

Link Posted: 12/6/2005 1:40:20 PM EDT
[#30]
Tagged for update once it comes back...great info.
Link Posted: 12/6/2005 7:38:24 PM EDT
[#31]
ups traking  said it was deliverd yesterday. I will give them a few days and then call and see whats up. I am not sure if they will call me or send explantion back with the upper that tells me what the problem was? i am just not sure never had to send any thing back before.
Link Posted: 12/6/2005 7:45:09 PM EDT
[#32]
Tag...been looking at picking up a 9mm carbine.
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 4:29:00 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
off subject but i have found buying two 50rd boxes at academy comes out about $2-3 cheaper

I can not remember what the prices were, but the 100 round WIN white box was cheaper than the two 50 round boxes...I bought 4 boxes and had two more already with me,  all gone in one day...
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 8:14:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Did you get it back? Have you shot it again. I am hanging on your every word, because I want one of these and I want to make sure that it works right!!!!!

Dude, go shoot it again
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 9:34:31 PM EDT
[#35]
I have not got it back yet. I meant to call on fri and see what was up but did not. I will call on mon for sure. I did not want to bother them to much by calling I thought there time would be better spent working on my gun than talking on the phone with me. I will  keep you posted.
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 3:19:07 PM EDT
[#36]
Could we see a picture of the FCG ?
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 6:07:26 PM EDT
[#37]
did you mean like take apart  and take pictures i have never taken apart any of mt ars FCG before and to tell you the truth i am kind of afriad to. i might screw it up or not put it back right.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 4:09:19 AM EDT
[#38]
No. Just another picture like the 1 in your 6th post.(2nd pic)
The portion of the lower receiver but further back, away from the mag well, towards the pistol grip.
It would show the hammer (9mm or .223) and the inside receiver walls.
jvg04  
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 4:33:38 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I can not remember what the prices were, but the 100 round WIN white box was cheaper than the two 50 round boxes...I bought 4 boxes and had two more already with me,  all gone in one day...

i buy by the case from academy and compared to the 100rd bulk packs from walmart they are cheaper.

two 50rd boxes from academy comes out to like $10 and some change which is what a little less than what walmart has there 100rd boxes for which is like $12 plus tax.

though not much when buying a few boxes here and there but other weekend that it comes out to play it goes through at least 500rds and it adds up.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 4:56:49 AM EDT
[#40]
When I e-mailed Bushmaster, they said it used a "light weight hammer" I am guessing it is just a standard 9mm hammer.

I also asked if the bolt was ramped, they said it was ramped like their other guns, so no. I then asked if they had any troubles with the pin holes getting beat up and out of round...they hadn't heard of this before........so????

It's maybe not an issue, but who knows.

I am still pumped to get one.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 3:49:16 AM EDT
[#42]
your pictures reminded me that i have to clean my 9carbine  fun as hell but shits all over itself
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 9:55:35 AM EDT
[#43]
Still waiting on your next range report...

Blaker
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 2:32:56 PM EDT
[#44]
I still waiting on bushmaster to get it back to me they told me they would be working on it on monday and should have it back this week.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 9:04:17 AM EDT
[#45]
Nice pictures, that's the shot I was looking for.

Thanks Jon1111111

Link Posted: 12/16/2005 3:30:28 PM EDT
[#46]
Did you install the carbine stock on the lower?  I don't see any such config on the Bushmaster website.

The lowers are now threaded common for the carbine buffer tubes, with buffer detent holes?
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 6:09:30 PM EDT
[#47]
If you go to the products page, they are listed 2nd and 3rd in the carbon 15 rifles and pistols section.

Click here for the carbine

The newer model 4. M4, and Carbon 15 9mm carbine all have the M4 style stocks on and a buffer retainer....so I am not sure where you are getting your false info. The other models that have the detachable carbon fiber lightweight stock and the pistold (not 9mm) do not have the same EXACT threads (they didn't a year ago anyway) and they don't have a buffer retainer....also, the C22 22LR does NOT have the buffer retainer either.

Hope that helps.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 6:12:46 PM EDT
[#48]
it came with that stock
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 8:06:23 PM EDT
[#49]
I was looking at this model
www.bushmaster.com/shopping/Carbon15/az9-c15p21s.asp

which is shown in this thread with a carbine stock
ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=15&t=260325

after the foam covered tube was taken off.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 8:57:36 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
I was looking at this model
www.bushmaster.com/shopping/Carbon15/az9-c15p21s.asp

which is shown in this thread with a carbine stock
ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=15&t=260325

after the foam covered tube was taken off.

The factory tube was removed. Not just the foam. The factory tube is just a tube with NO detents for stock positions. You would have to buy a whole collapsible stock kit, but you would not need the spring or buffer for the 9mm (unlike the 223 pistol). It would have to be registered with the NFA branch before you add the stock.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top