Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 11/17/2005 8:30:47 AM EDT
I saw Natchez has these on sale for $250. Good price. Wondering if anyone has any experience with them..
Link Posted: 11/17/2005 12:34:24 PM EDT
[#1]
No personal experience, but everything I've heard and read about them seems to indicate they're very accurate and reliable. The downside is they come with no sights. But if you're going to go straight to an optic of some kind anyway, and don't mind the side handle charging (which can be a plus or a minus, depending on your personal goals), two and a half pigs sounds like a good deal.
Link Posted: 11/17/2005 3:50:50 PM EDT
[#2]

I just bought one for $350.00!!!

Do you have a link to the product on the site???

From first look at the Upper, the only thing I don't like about it is:
The upper looks like it was panted, not anodized.

BUT for 250-350 for a complete dedicated upper that is agreat price.

I plan on using it to help design a different caliber, so it is already in piece so I have no range reports.
Link Posted: 11/17/2005 4:45:27 PM EDT
[#3]
http://www.natchezss.com/curflier/0119f.html

Theres the link

They are currently out of stock but I signed up for an email notification for when they become avail. I think i'll just pick one up.$250 is a great deal.
Link Posted: 11/18/2005 6:05:52 AM EDT
[#4]
I've had one for a year now (only has about 3000rnds thru it).  I really like it , once you get past the looks.  I found it to be very accurate (best groups .31" at 50 yds with CCI Mini Mags).

I actually replaced the fake gas block with a drilled & tapped FSB and it works fine.  You could even go so far as to change the barrel nut and handguards to look more like the real thing.
Link Posted: 11/18/2005 6:46:49 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I've had one for a year now (only has about 3000rnds thru it).  I really like it , once you get past the looks.  I found it to be very accurate (best groups .031" at 50 yds with CCI Mini Mags).

I actually replaced the fake gas block with a drilled & tapped FSB and it works fine.  You could even go so far as to change the barrel nut and handguards to look more like the real thing.

Yep, that is actually what I was going to do.  I think I might at a 12" quad rail.
Link Posted: 12/1/2005 8:15:08 PM EDT
[#6]
So how's it function with standard .22lr ammo? Say remington golden boy. It sounds like it looks pretty cheesy. What up?
Link Posted: 12/2/2005 5:23:55 AM EDT
[#7]
I doubt Natches will be getting any in soon, as I spoke with both of the last two importers of the uppers, and I doubt any will be imported again. (Well at least from them two)

If you want some I would suggest:
www.cdnninvestments.com/
They have them in stock, but they are not listed on the site.

I think the price was $299.00 but don't quote me.

I was also told that there is a company in England that is making High Capacity mags for the CZ upper.  Southern Gun Company was the name that was given to me.  I did a quick search but found nothing, but I didn't have time to search, so I stopped looking.

Maybe someone here has time.
Link Posted: 12/2/2005 2:06:53 PM EDT
[#8]
I just downloaded the CDNN catalog and it lists the CZ upper for 259.99.
Link Posted: 12/2/2005 2:08:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Really!!!

I know they have them in stock too.
Link Posted: 12/2/2005 2:25:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Will they operate full-auto on an M16 lower?

Bob
Link Posted: 12/2/2005 2:27:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Not without modifing the Bolt.  It doesn't have a sear tripper.
Link Posted: 12/2/2005 2:41:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I was also told that there is a company in England that is making High Capacity mags for the CZ upper.  Southern Gun Company was the name that was given to me.  

tagged for further info.....
Link Posted: 12/2/2005 2:44:39 PM EDT
[#13]
tag
Link Posted: 12/2/2005 2:49:20 PM EDT
[#14]
they are discontinued from them,.. that's why the low price. I bought one a month ago for a build for my 11 yr old daughter.  I'm happy with it. I had a set of A2 sights to put on it.  Just need a few more parts, but most likely she'll get it incomplete and we'll finish it for her b-day in Feb.

No Expert
Link Posted: 12/2/2005 2:51:39 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I've had one for a year now (only has about 3000rnds thru it).  I really like it , once you get past the looks.  I found it to be very accurate (best groups .31" at 50 yds with CCI Mini Mags).

I was gonna do that.... make a Dissy style upper. INstead, I put on a full lenght FF tube (leftover from a previous build) that screwed right on, moved the gas block forward and voila!

Just need to send to Adco to have the FSM mounted properly and get an A2 FH installed.

No Expert
Link Posted: 12/2/2005 6:14:58 PM EDT
[#16]
I see Natchez is advertising them in the Dec 1 issue of Shotgun News.
Link Posted: 12/2/2005 6:17:15 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Not without modifying the Bolt.  It doesn't have a sear tripper.

Thanks for the info. Anyone have a picture of the bottom of the bolt carrier?

Bob
Link Posted: 12/3/2005 6:37:20 AM EDT
[#18]
I don't have a pics as I my upper to Accuracy Speaks for a custom build.

But you can download the manual:
www.v22upper.com/images/V22Manual.pdf
Link Posted: 12/4/2005 3:20:56 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I see Natchez is advertising them in the Dec 1 issue of Shotgun News.

Natchez has some funny ways of advertising. They may have never gotten any of these yet. Their ads are mths. in advance. Just my thoughts.
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 4:14:18 PM EDT
[#20]
I just ordered a CZ-V-22 Conversion,  from Cheaper Than Dirt, last night.  The inventory showed 49 units in stock after I ordered mine.  $249.00 with a flat S&H of $5.99 for the total order.  I had to go to thier e-store, (NOT just the home site) & search for item #ARR-519 to find this deal.  The latest catalog I have showed them at $349.00.   The e-mail I recieved today said the order would ship in 2 to 5 days.  As I don't have it in my hot little hands yet, all I can say is that it looks promising.  I've wanted one for some time, but not at the $350.00 price tag.   Should make a good winter project for the grandkids.  Good Luck, ALLONS11  
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 7:44:02 PM EDT
[#21]
ALLONS, for two and a half pigs, you can hardly go wrong. That's only about a hundred balloons more than a Ciener unit, and this has the right bore size and twist. At that price, who cares if paint is flaking off of it? Spray paint is cheap!
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 5:25:28 AM EDT
[#22]
Yeah I would say bead-blast it and duracoat or norells it!!!
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 7:38:52 AM EDT
[#23]
I have one and love it.  The only thing I need is some hi cap mags.  The 10 round mag is too small for hosing fun!
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 4:07:35 PM EDT
[#24]
While shooting mine a couple weeks ago, I had a round not fully chamber, but still discharge!  It broke the "lips" off both sides of my mag.  What was the probable cause, and it was clean, powder residue/buildup was NOT the problem.  I really like the upper but I don't wnat to have to keep buying $30 for this thing.
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 7:47:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Odd - i picked up two of them and both are very loosely put together. I was able to spint he handguard off one by hand and on the other the barrel nut came along with it!

For the price, it was a decent deal. I just need to strip them down and give them some TLC.
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 5:05:26 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
While shooting mine a couple weeks ago, I had a round not fully chamber, but still discharge!  It broke the "lips" off both sides of my mag.  What was the probable cause, and it was clean, powder residue/buildup was NOT the problem.  I really like the upper but I don't wnat to have to keep buying $30 for this thing.

What you had was a classic out of battery kaboom. We've seen them now in the .22s of CZ, DPMS, Bushmaster, and the Rhineland R22. Most likely cause is a tight chamber and a round of oversized ammo (most often, bulk ammo). All these rifles will fire with the bolt 1/8" or more out of battery.

The magazine will often be wrecked. When my own DPMS did it the first day I shot it, the mag was undamaged but it blew the exractor out. Annoying! It has NOT done it since and has gone well over 2000 rounds, mabye over 3000, without one single hiccup of any kind.

Best defense against this is to really learn what your rifle sounds and feels like when firing normally, and if you detect ANY difference in the way a round sounds or feels, stop shooting and take a peek to make sure the bolt is closed. ALWAYS wear shooting glasses when shooting these things, and shooting them left-handed is to be discouraged.  Also, whenever you open a new brick of ammo, pay particular attention to how well the first, say, 50 rounds chambers. Usually when these oversize rounds get through, there are quite a few of them in a lot. I had one particular brick of Fed bulks that NOT ONE of them would chamber in one of my guns, though they worked normally in most others!

These OOB kabooms can happen with 10/22s, too, though not as often, because, first, factory 10/22 chambers are so loose they'll accept almost anything, and second, even in rebarelled, tight-chambered guns, the 10/22 won't fire OOB until it's ALMOST closed, unlike the guns using the AR trigger parts, which have a pretty broad OOB firing window.
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 6:00:10 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

I had a long phone conversation with ADCO the last importer of the CZ uppers, and he said that there were problems as you speak of.  They decided to send the remaining inventory to a gunsmith to have the chambers checked out.  The gunsmith said the chambers were out of spec, and they had to re-ream the barrels, some of them had to be faced a little.

So if you want one of these "re-worked" CZ, you better go to CDNN as they have the re-worked stock.
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 4:00:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Tag
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 8:32:40 PM EDT
[#29]
Tagged
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 7:50:24 PM EDT
[#30]
Hey , what's it mean when a topic or thread is tagged? Go easy on me. I suppose  it is opened to a broader user base to let the more pertinent details be seen by more members? What up?

300m
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 8:37:39 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 4:55:31 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
tagged means you are psting in the thread so it will show up in your my active topics lists if you wish to find the thread again without searching extensively

Do non-team members have "My active topics"?
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 6:29:30 AM EDT
[#33]
I have been looking into modefying a v22 to work with ciener mags ,maybe this link will help some of you: http://www.toiminta-ampujat.net/.  Scroll down to the english section.
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 6:41:52 AM EDT
[#34]
Looks like a pretty easy mod.....
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 11:33:02 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
So how's it function with standard .22lr ammo? Say remington golden boy. It sounds like it looks pretty cheesy. What up?

once you throw away the handguards that it comes with and fit a standard barrel nut you can do as you want to it.

runs great with cheap CCI minimags
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 11:24:32 AM EDT
[#36]
What about mags for these things?

Samuel
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 12:18:29 PM EDT
[#37]
my v22

with mag conversion stuck inside an SA80A2 mag.

Link Posted: 12/17/2005 2:13:00 AM EDT
[#38]
rbecks.......care t share any info on that mag conversion?
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 4:26:13 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
I have been looking into modefying a v22 to work with ciener mags ,maybe this link will help some of you: http://www.toiminta-ampujat.net/.  Scroll down to the english section.

Don't see much info in english. Is there another source of info?
Thanks in advance

Mike
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 9:46:44 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
my v22

i20.photobucket.com/albums/b206/rbecks/V22.jpg

Looks like you've replaced everything forward of the upper receiver. What parts did you use?
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 10:00:15 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:
my v22

Looks like you've replaced everything forward of the upper receiver. What parts did you use?

Samson 7" MRFS C Rail
14.5" 1 in 16 M4 profiled barrel (change to standard barrel nut)

and of course the mag conversion
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 4:34:17 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
my v22

Samson 7" MRFS C Rail

Not much info on the conversion....

Did you just machine down the plastic mag and stuff it inside the steel AR mag?
Did you take another brand mag, cut the ar mag-lips and tack a steel 22lr mag in there???

I bet if you wanted a Ciener could be trimmed a bit and stuffed inside a steel AR mag and welded in place.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 5:52:52 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
my v22

Samson 7" MRFS C Rail

and of course the mag conversionhr

Where did you purchase the barrel??  Mark
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 10:54:43 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
my v22

Samson 7" MRFS C Rail

Southern Gun Co  (UK)

Where did you purchase the barrel??  

Mark

Link Posted: 12/18/2005 9:13:56 PM EDT
[#45]
rbecks.......care to share any info on that mag conversion?
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 8:34:47 AM EDT
[#46]
I bought na SGC Lower with a CZ V22 Upper after looking at the DPMS and deciding against it due to alleged relaibility problems..  Had it about a year.  Only issues so far are:

1) I removed the gas block (which had an upper rail) as the dimensions of the rail were so far out that the DPMS mangonel flip up I bought couldn't be seated correctly.  Now have a DD 7.0 handguard and a YHM front flip-up which is fine!

2) I think the rail on the upper may also be a little out - recently tried to fit and ARMS Swan Sleeve but the fit was not great (canting slightly to the left) so have reverted to a Carry Handle which seems fine.

3) SGC in the UK replace the original and unreliable CZ mag with their own solid and well engineered 25 round items which are great.

4) Had some initial problems with rounds being chambered but failing to fire.  SGC tracked the problem down to the fit of the bolt - easily put right with some minor machining and careful polishing.

The rifle now works faultlesslywith hi-vel .22LR ammo.

I have used CCI Mini-Mag, CCI Velocitor, Lapua Speed Ace and American Eagle all with no problems.  Groups of 1 MOA at 50 yards off a bi-pod with an IOR x3 scope.

Hope this helps?
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 8:58:11 AM EDT
[#47]
Yep that is what the import told me....SGC makes 25 rounders, but where the hell is the contact information!!!

Please post link to their website or contact info so we can get in touch to get mags!!!!
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 9:35:15 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Yep that is what the import told me....SGC makes 25 rounders, but where the hell is the contact information!!!

Please post link to their website or contact info so we can get in touch to get mags!!!!

www.southern-gun.co.uk/
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 10:15:02 AM EDT
[#49]
See someone has alrady put up their website (it is not too informative though!).  If you want to make a call the phone number is 0044  1208 851074.  Bob Clark is the man incharge.  I believe the SGC mags are designed for the V22 and will not work with the DPMS units as the mag in the DPMS is part of the extractor?? - shame really as they are well made and reliable!
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 1:52:46 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top