Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/5/2005 4:03:27 AM EDT
hi

Does anyone make an AR in .50ae, as used in the Desert Eagle  or  is the .50 Beowulf the only .50 in towm ?

Cheers
Stevem
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 4:07:35 AM EDT
[#1]
duuhhhh, yes.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=119&t=298192

Mike

ps - welcome aboard ,
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 6:11:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Tromix used to make them.  I have a flattop with intergral muzzle brake from Tony.  Thinking of parting with it(I have another also-don't need two).   Had shoulder surgery, otherwise I would have gone with the Wulf.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 11:38:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Do the AE and Beowulf offer similiar ballistics or are they very different  ?

Anybody on here with any performance data ?

Cheers
Steven
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 2:13:54 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Do the AE and Beowulf offer similiar ballistics or are they very different  ?

Anybody on here with any performance data ?

Cheers
Steven

No offense intended Steve, but this information is just as easy for you to look up as it is for me to provide it for you.....

Beowolf ballistics: www.alexanderarms.com/website/id5.html

50AE ballistics: www.zvis.com/dep/depa50.shtml, ballistic data is in a different section and IIRC there are graphs which can be viewed, so dig for the details your specifically looking for okay?

Google is your friend and you'll be better off learning to do your own research than taking the advice of arm chair commandos, especially considering the nimrods around here, as we're mostly AR15 nuts.

Better to ask your detailed questions of Tromix as they are far more qualified to give good information.

Mike

ps - there's an old saying (which I barely recall) something to the effect:

"reading to someone will entertain them for a time, but teaching someone to read will provide them with a lifetime of pleasure"

which is this instance basically means "information gained with no effort won't be with ya long, but learning the art of gaining information for yourself will be with ya forever"
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 4:10:56 AM EDT
[#5]
No offense taken, thanks for your replies Mike, just what I was  after....
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top