Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/4/2005 11:53:09 AM EDT
i hear the newest generation plastic 32 rd 9mm AR mags by Promag actually work somewhat reliably. i bought two mags from natchez and they dont work. where do i find the latest generation promags at?
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 3:39:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Try www.cdnninvestments.com
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 6:15:05 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Try www.cdnninvestments.com

have you ordered 32 rd promags from them before?
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 7:38:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Not from them.  I got mine from another dealer. CDNN has better prices and a good reputation. i don`t think you`ll go wrong. Midway USA and Natchez Shooters supply also carry them. From what others have reported, Pro Mag will exchange their first generation mags for the latest production if yours aren`t working. HTH
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 8:18:05 PM EDT
[#4]
do you know what features they changed in the latest generation?
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 1:26:25 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
do you know what features they changed in the latest generation?

Bolt hold open was one of them, and they made the plastic a little harder
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 7:21:13 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
i hear the newest generation plastic 32 rd 9mm AR mags by Promag actually work somewhat reliably. i bought two mags from natchez and they dont work. where do i find the latest generation promags at?

When did you get yours from Natchez?  They were out for a while, and I assume would have the latest in stock?
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 8:00:28 AM EDT
[#7]
All mine work I order some from Natchezs too and the all work. That was almost 9 months ago. I am using a RRA block with mine. I have a few lil problems with them. I had to shave off some of the side materal so they work better but I use these for range mags and new shooters that dont care about your stuff. And they all hold my bolt back.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 8:02:13 AM EDT
[#8]
I bought some from Sportsmans Guide, they didn't work. I called Promag and RMA'd the non working mags and they sent me the new versions. They still didn't work reliably. So I replace the springs with Wolf +10% springs. Guess what, they still don't work reliably for the first 3 or 4 rounds, but after that they work OK.

I have no idea why these work for some and not others, I'm using the Hahn Top loading mag block, and for me I'll stick to converted Uzi mags from now on.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 10:03:06 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

When did you get yours from Natchez?  They were out for a while, and I assume would have the latest in stock?

i got mine a month or two ago
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 10:06:23 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I bought some from Sportsmans Guide, they didn't work. I called Promag and RMA'd the non working mags and they sent me the new versions. They still didn't work reliably. So I replace the springs with Wolf +10% springs. Guess what, they still don't work reliably for the first 3 or 4 rounds, but after that they work OK.

I have no idea why these work for some and not others, I'm using the Hahn Top loading mag block, and for me I'll stick to converted Uzi mags from now on.

I'm using the Hahn Top loading mag block too and i cant even get uzi mags to work in it. actually the uzi mags work worse than the pro mags. the uzi mags have all been moded per Hahn specs too.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top