Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/3/2005 3:44:30 AM EDT
I have a homebuilt, it consists of a Stag lower w/ DPMS parts kit, and a RRA complete upper.  My mag block is the VM HYTECH.  So, I seat the mag block correctly, give it an extra whack, and start firing.  After a while, the mag block will work itself out and start to come out.  I can't figure out why it is doing this.  Any ideas?  BTW, after I seat the block, I do tug on it forcefully to see if it will come out.  It never does.  
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 3:49:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Bueller...Bueller
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 6:09:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Tip the upper open....

Install block to the magwell and verify it is caught by the mag catch  ----> I have already personally seen the block not install fully to the magwells' of spme lowers because of varying magwell depths (STUPID MANUFACTURER VARIATIONS)  from the deck of the lower to the bottom of the magwell... ArndCtzn had his block trimmed on a mill, rather than cut lower, and mine required a few swipes with file to the bottom of the front of the magwell to allow block to sit deep enough to latch via the mag catch.  My block fits fine in a friends factory Colt M16A1, GEE, wonder why...

Close the upper to the lower, and install the takedown pin,  install mag and fire..  the portion of the block that sticks up above the deck rest in the cut-outs of the upper, and the upper applies slight downward pressure against the mag catch, and you find the catch in a slight bind, so you cannot readily dump the block without a bit of efort to the mag relaese button.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top