Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/26/2005 4:44:22 PM EDT
The FAQ says the new RRA mag block, replacing the old one around Jan 2005, will not hold the bolt open.

However, a recent post in a current thread here indicates that someone has an RRA block which WILL hold the bolt open.

Comments?
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 8:51:00 PM EDT
[#1]
I am pretty sure it doesnt BHO on uzi mags but does on Colt mags
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 10:23:45 PM EDT
[#2]
i also thought that the rra was a copy of the colt system so if thats true then they will hold bolt open on colt mags or modified uzi mags for bho.

but i also remember reading that one of the rra mag blocks wont accept colt mags so that being said then your probably right
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 10:29:53 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
i also thought that the rra was a copy of the colt system so if thats true then they will hold bolt open on colt mags or modified uzi mags for bho.

but i also remember reading that one of the rra mag blocks wont accept colt mags so that being said then your probably right

Here is a quote from Eagle

Bolt hold open feature only works with factory Colt magazine
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 11:10:59 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

here is a link to m60joe's uzi mags that have bho feature

link to m60joe's sight
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 11:34:15 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

here is a link to m60joe's uzi mags that have bho feature

link to m60joe's sight

I thought you meant the modified uzi mags from RRA.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 1:55:00 AM EDT
[#6]
well regardless where they come from if they have the modified follower added to them it will have bho feature.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 9:05:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Mine will hold the bolt open on the plastic waffle mags too (Promag?).
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 9:59:40 AM EDT
[#8]
How well do the Pro Mags work?
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 10:47:38 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
How well do the Pro Mags work?

i have been asking about those and from what im getting the older ones didnt have bho and the newer gens do.

range mags and nothing more
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 11:23:22 AM EDT
[#10]
My post 1/1/05 RRA top loading mag block will not hold the bolt open.  In addition, it will not accept factory Colt 32 round mags as they are a bit larger than the RRA modified Uzi 25 round mags.  Hope that helps. Mark
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 11:51:15 AM EDT
[#11]
The top-loading block that RRA used temporarily will not activate the bolt hold open.  The bottom loading block which was (and is again) RRA's usual part will activate the bolt hold open when using Colt mags with their folower.
Sluggo
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 12:36:07 PM EDT
[#12]
I have two Promags and a bottom loading RRA block.  I have had absolutely no problems with this combination.  However, I do agree that the Promags are range mags only since they do not have reinforced feed lips like a Glock polymer magazine, and thus may warp or flex out of shape when storing these magazines loaded.

I have no such reservation, though, in keeping the Uzi mags loaded.  
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 1:38:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Sluggo,
    Does the newer bottom loading RRA block accept Colt 32 round mags?
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 12:09:08 PM EDT
[#14]
It should, but I haven't tried any as I'm modifyinging Uzi 32rd mags and ending up with three for the price of one Colt.  My first RRA block did work with Colt mags, and since they're using the original style again, I have to imagine that the Colt mags should work with it still. It does still have the bolt hold-open tab that the special follower pushes into place.
Sluggo
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 2:55:45 PM EDT
[#15]
yes it works great with 32 round colt mags.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 5:14:40 AM EDT
[#16]
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top