Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/20/2005 1:46:13 PM EDT
Which are best and why? I prefer dedicated uppers BTW.

Which have 25rd or greater capacities? DPMS, Ciener, anyone else?

Do any have a last shot hold open?

Are there some systems that are more reliable than others?

Which work with full auto? Ciener claims to be the only one.

At this point I am looking at either a Ciener or a DPMS, unless I can find something better. Of the DPMS or the ciener, which do you think is better?

Tsh77769
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 10:27:43 AM EDT
[#1]

Which are best and why? I prefer dedicated uppers BTW.
Best is probably the Compass Lake upper.  Not the best value though, and I think only available in Service Rifle configurations.  DPMS is probably your best value right now, or the CZ if you're OK with a side charging handle.

Which have 25rd or greater capacities? DPMS, Ciener, anyone else?
Only Ciener as far as i know.  DPMS has promised hi-caps for a while, but they're not out yet.  Supposedly you can use the Ciner mags with the CZ upper.

Do any have a last shot hold open?
Maybe the Air Force M-261, but I've heard it's finnicky.  I think you can manually lock the Army M-261 open, but it won't lock on last shot.  Ciener does not and as far as I know the DPMS does not.

Are there some systems that are more reliable than others?
I think the kits are all about equal once they're tuned up.  Compass Lake thinks the M-261 is most reliable.  

Which work with full auto? Ciener claims to be the only one.
Ciener is the only one I know of.  

Of the DPMS or the ciener, which do you think is better?
If you don't need hi-caps I'd say they're equal.  DPMS is cheaper, especially for a dedicated upper.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top