Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/19/2005 8:22:28 PM EDT
Ive read the 9mm faq ever since I found this site, but I dont think anybody's ever asked this.  Could I purchase a RRA upper and place an oly bolt and carrier in it?  Ive decided to go with the hahn sten mag block since the mags are so cheap, but Ive been unsuccessful in finding any pictures or schematics of the systems that show how they function.  If anybody knows where I could buy just the oly bolt and carrier or has any comparison drawings Id really appreciate the info.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 4:21:17 AM EDT
[#1]
you can use a different upper other than an Oly, but that receiver will have to be drilled to accept Oly's ejector spring apparatus.  Have a friend how has done this, it's no big deal.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:47:10 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Ive read the 9mm faq ever since I found this site, but I dont think anybody's ever asked this.  Could I purchase a RRA upper and place an oly bolt and carrier in it?

NO, 2 different design systems as far as the barrel/bolt go.   Oly barrel, Oly bolt....   Colt pattern barrel, Colt pattern bolt, cannot mix these parts....

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top