Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/17/2005 6:26:42 PM EDT
Has anyone ever messed with this Oly style 9mm upper from Sportsman's Guide?

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=208314

Any comments at all would be appreciated.

Link Posted: 9/18/2005 5:22:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Somebody here on ARFCOM will have some info for you about Vulcan products which I think is the old Hess company. Keep in mind that a very important item in buying a product is the type of customer service the manufacturer has. I'm not familiar with the manufacturer so I can't say if it's good quality or not.

I took a look at the 9mm upper and it does look nice -- a modified version of an OLY system with a ejector mounted in the magazine block instead of the wire spring ejector that Oly uses. I don't know what's involved in becoming a "Club Member" so you get the special price but the club member price is not bad for a complete 9mm upper, magblock and one magazine.

This is the picture of the 9mm upper shown in the ad.

Link Posted: 9/18/2005 12:09:58 PM EDT
[#2]
I recently built a 9mm AR. I did a lot of shopping and came across this deal. After reviewing posts regarding the Vulcan line of products, I was convinced not to buy their products. From all that I read, their guns are way low quality.

If the Oly style is what you are looking for, keep a sharp eye on EE, that is where I bought my upper and got a good deal on a great upper. The other option is Omega Man. He has good prices and can configure it any way you like.

www.omegamanenterprises.com/olympicarms.htm

Good luck and happy shooting
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top